Salifert Organics

Randy is this kit still available? Do you know how accurate it is and whether it is pretty easy to read?

I don't know if it is available or not. It has a somewhat limited spectrum of things it responds to, apparently. Gauging use of GAC might be one potential use that we've discussed with Habib. Maybe about the only one.

Well,I've got the test kit.:)

salifert_organics_test_kit.jpg

The test is quite comprehensive.
Quote from the brochure inside the box - ''this test will give an impression of the pollution of water caused by many phenols and many other type of organic compounds.some of them are hard to remove even by skimming and GAC.''

The test works by titration (until the color changes to a faint yellow),the more drops you add,the worse water quality is.
1-3 drops -- very low pollution
4 drops -- might become problematic
etc

In overall the test is pretty sweet and can give another impression on water quality.

;)

:D
I got only 2 drops.
But later I'm doing a 10% water change so I will check again and tell you what it says.
;)

Where did you end up finding the Salifert Organics Kit?

I may purchase one to test my tank now and then after I install a new skimmer. :)

Where did you end up finding the Salifert Organics Kit?

I may purchase one to test my tank now and then after I install a new skimmer. :)

I bought it from a local vendor (in Israel :)),but if you see one,buy it,it can only help.

So I tested the new SW in the bucket,and I only needed one drop ;)
But,I tested the aquarium water an hour after I did a 10% WC,and I still needed two drops,like in the first test.
I guess it wasn't enough to dilute something from the water.

Oceanic.
The thing is that beacuse it's titration you need to start with something,and one drop is the lowest (and best) you can get.:)

30$ sounds good.
When you get the kit and do a test,let us know what's going on.
Good luck :)

I don't understand. I would figure if there were no organics in the saltmix, then after one drop it still would not change color. :confused:

Perhaps Oceanic has some organics in it?

It's like,for example,salifert's calcium/magnesium test kit,the more drops you add the higher the value is.or like any other titration test kit.

In the Organics it's:

1-3 drops -- very low pollution
4 drops -- might become problematic
5 etc -- the more drops you add,the worse water quality is.

:)

I don't understand. I would figure if there were no organics in the saltmix, then after one drop it still would not change color. :confused:

Perhaps Oceanic has some organics in it?

I don't think thats it. It takes more drops the more organics there is. So for little to no organics 1 drop should do it.

Back