Salinity monitor besides Apex?

scarpenter

Hello all,

When i am out of town i monitor my tank with my phone by the way of an ink bird temperature control and a few geeni outlets that i can control from my iPhone. The problem is i am out of town now, and my tank sitter says my aqua lifter pump on my ATO is not able not putting enough freshwater in at a time so the alarm keeps going off. So all that to say...besides getting an apex just for the salinity probe. Is there another salinity probe I can monitor from my phone? I dont like the tank sitter measuring salinity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,

When i am out of town i monitor my tank with my phone by the way of an ink bird temperature control and a few geeni outlets that i can control from my iPhone. The problem is i am out of town now, and my tank sitter says my aqua lifter pump on my ATO is not able not putting enough freshwater in at a time so the alarm keeps going off. So all that to say...besides getting an apex just for the salinity probe. Is there another salinity probe I can monitor from my phone? I dont like the tank sitter measuring salinity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apex Salinity probe is not reliable. I suggest you read up on it before buying a system just to get a probe that does not work reliably. I would get the Hanna Digital Salinity probe

https://www.marinedepot.com/hanna-instruments-marine-waterproof-salinity-and-temperature-tester#

It cannot be read remotely but your tank sitter would have a hard time messing up the test and relaying the wrong reading to you.

Always draw a line where the water lvl is suppose to be . Easiest indicator for a sitter.

On another note, if you cant trust your sitter to measure salinity.... probably shouldnt be having that person watching your tank.

Back