Salt choices?

cunningham

I made a nice mixing station, and I am going to start mixing my water this week, I have bought a bucket of Tropic Marin salt,(reg) but now I am hearing alot of complaints about it. How is the D&D salt? or other brands? I really dont care how much the salt cost, I just dont want to worry about if my salt pick is the right choice:hmm4:
Thanks
Danny

IO is good for the price
D&D is better since the alkalinity is where I keep mine and not expensive.

D&D and ReefCrystals tend to leave a bit of brown sludge in the bottom of the mixing tank after a while due to the added vitamins and minerals..

instant ocean ftw! the tropic marin is fine, just buffer it if you need to. i always test my water before i do a water change that way if anything is low i just buffer it. =]

D&D and ReefCrystals tend to leave a bit of brown sludge in the bottom of the mixing tank after a while due to the added vitamins and minerals..
psykokid,Thanks for the response
I would'nt want any "Brown sludge" in my set up:thumbdown
I worry about this and I have not mixed a drop yet!
I wish I can turn my head off and not worry,I hate being crazy:spin1:
I am going to try the TM and see what happens, it cant be any worse than Catalina water

Danny

the tropic marin is fine, just buffer it if you need to. i always test my water before i do a water change that way if anything is low i just buffer it. =]

I don't understand why people pay $75 - $90 for a bucket of TMPP and still have to buffer it.

psykokid,Thanks for the response
I would'nt want any "Brown sludge" in my set up:thumbdown
I worry about this and I have not mixed a drop yet!
I wish I can turn my head off and not worry,I hate being crazy:spin1:
I am going to try the TM and see what happens, it cant be any worse than Catalina water

Danny

I wouldn't use TM. Unless you're going to use the Regular. Stay away from the Pro and the Bio Active. The Bio Active bleached out some of my LPS and the low ALK in the Pro that's been going around killed a few of my sps until I found out that the TMP salt I had was a bad batch. And from the multiple threads out there TMP seems to be having a lot of bad batches.

If you're still insistent on using TMP hit me up, I'll sell you the rest of my bucket at a great price. I have 90% of the bucket left.

From what I hear they keep the TMP levels low so you can buffer it to your exact parameters. Hence the "Pro" in the name. This is what I do. It can be a pain but my water change water matches my tank water exactly.

Coral life or IO depending on what is available at the store when I go in.

Anything else and your just adding in extras that some of them you're probably dosing already. Do your corals need all of the "extra's" that the salt companies put in? Are these "extra's" in Natural Sea Water?

I wouldn't use TM. Unless you're going to use the Regular. Stay away from the Pro and the Bio Active. The Bio Active bleached out some of my LPS and the low ALK in the Pro that's been going around killed a few of my sps until I found out that the TMP salt I had was a bad batch. And from the multiple threads out there TMP seems to be having a lot of bad batches.

If you're still insistent on using TMP hit me up, I'll sell you the rest of my bucket at a great price. I have 90% of the bucket left.

I have the regular TM
Danny

Standard TMP be working good for me, mixes quick and clean and you can find good deals on 300 gallon bags.

Back