Salt Mix

jacobl

Just want to see if you know any suppliers having special price for salt mix, preferably Red Sea Coral Pro but open to any brand (currently using IO Reef Crystal).

Thanks

No sale found on 200 gal Red Sea... I just bought 2 bags this week. Cheapest was amazon $100.80. I had looked around for a couple weeks....

I have been very happy with the Fritz Reef Pro Mix. It's cheap, about $64 for a 200 gallon box and the specs are right on for my tank (9 dkh alk). It mixes clear within minutes and is very consistent. They have a higher alk version too. I think around 11 dkh.

I'm interested to see if their are better recommendations out there.

Just recently posted my experience somewhere else, but thought I'd copy and paste it here..

Thought I would give my impressions on the switchover to Fritz Reef Pro Mix (RPM). Its been about 3 months and its going quite well. Compared to RC, the salt granuals are of consistent size, and the mix is dry. RC has a bit of natural moisture to it, and this feels much dryer. As for how it mixes up, its about 1/2 cup per gallon of water (perhaps a touch more), very similar to RC. I cleaned my mixing tank before the switchover and I can tell you that it does not leave the residue in the tank that RC does (even after hours I mixing). As for the water chemistry and health of tank inhabitants, I have not lost a fish or invert. I picked up a bunch of new corals in November and I can see noticeable growth throughout all, SPS and mushrooms.

Hoping this info helps anyone considering a change. I will be sticking with this brand for the foreseeable future.

Happy reefing [emoji225][emoji226]

Back