Sand Sifter Climbing Glass

Looking for food. Probably. How much sand is in the tank? How long has it been in there?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14773841#post14773841 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by xian
Looking for food. Probably. How much sand is in the tank? How long has it been in there?

Yep, back before I knew better, I had one, and started climbing the glass after it had cleaned out the sand bed of all food. Needless to say it only lasted another month.

I'm assuming the tank is two months old.

Sand sifters are aggressive predators of animals that live in sand. I'm guessing that after two months your sand bed doesn't have enough animal life to sustain it.

Is this a sand sifting cucumber you have? Mine climbed the walls too. I unfortunately lost him to a powerhead so keep an eye on him. :(

`my ss star climbs to people said the same he is hungry I just don't buy it mines been in a 4'' sand bed for about 6months and has been up the glass plenty I have even fed it. So unless you are a starfish how do you guys really know I'm sure mine will die tomorrow

mine is been in my tank for almost 3 years, so i don't buy that theory and she climbs my glass every now and then only to fall back on the sand, is funny when they spin due to the water movement.

I have a 150 and he has made the trip up.
P1060009.jpg

P1030623.jpg

Back