Save a coral

Sump'n2do

I just learning all this stuff. I must have had my Torch too close to my Bird's nest because the tips of the branches closest to the Torch turned white. I moved them away from each other, however, the white is spreading through the rest of the branches. Will it continue through the whole thing and kill it? Should I cut it off where the live part and the white part meet in an effort to save what is left? TIA

Given this and your other thread, you really need to test your water and post some parameters. It sounds like your tank might not be handling life too well just yet, but there is no way to know without seeing water parameters. Specifically specific gravity, ammonia, nitrite, ph, & nitrates.

I have the water parameters posted on the "Sick fish?" thread. I have a frag of the same bird's nest in a different location and it is fine so it I don't think it's the water. It had to be the torch being too close. Should I go ahead and cut it off where the good part meets with the bad part as it seems the bad part is spreading?

To be a little on the safe side, trim the ends off the birdsnest, cut slightly into the good part.

First thought, your torch is likely beating up the birdsnest bad.

Second thought, would you better describe the how the white is spreading or provide us with a picture? Is it spreading from where it touched the torch, or spreading from the tips?

The white was spreading from where the torch had touched it on one side to the other side. I have gone ahead and cut off the good parts left making new frags as it was almost completely white by the time I did it. Sorry, but I don't know how to post pictures yet. I'll have Puffy Da Dog show me this weekend.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Back