Saw a bowfront at petco with a mirrored back...

its actually suppose to stress out the fish, because they see their own reflection and think its another fish, same thing with herps.

herpes? Maybe it's some kind of strange cure for herpes? One herpe see's another herpe and they get stressed and die?

:)

I've found that if you have a betta and just attach a mirror to one side of the tank, they actually do a little better than without. Seems like it keeps them occupied or something. I've had them go from just floating there looking like crap, to all over the tank, looking great, building bubble nests...all just by adding a mirror.

In the old days... havent seen one in awhile.... take a piece of 4 inch thick hard styrofoam sheet. . ie like coolers made from.. Take a small propane tourch and melt holes in it. Like small caves etc. By using this method you get get small stalagmites and stalagtites looking structures in the "caves" Then spray paint shades of blue, gold etc to add depth and then attach a mirror square to the back of the foam over the "cave" holes. Then place this whole foam sheet behind the fish tank. Really was a rather cool looking backing for a fish tank..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11437574#post11437574 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pc1blues
In the old days... havent seen one in awhile.... take a piece of 4 inch thick hard styrofoam sheet. . ie like coolers made from.. Take a small propane tourch and melt holes in it. Like small caves etc. By using this method you get get small stalagmites and stalagtites looking structures in the "caves" Then spray paint shades of blue, gold etc to add depth and then attach a mirror square to the back of the foam over the "cave" holes. Then place this whole foam sheet behind the fish tank. Really was a rather cool looking backing for a fish tank..

what a great idea!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11437574#post11437574 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pc1blues

I agree---What a great idea. Today I was going to buy some styro-foam at Lowes and attach it to three sides of my tanks in order to insulate it and save my electricty bill, while I am away on vacation. I won't have time to torch the holes and paint, but I will try it later. (Since four inch foam may be difficult to find, it seems that two 2 inch sheets could be attached to each other in order to get the full four inches.)

Back