SB Reef Light App problems

Fishin Fool

Hi everyone, I recently purchased an sb reef light ultra 34 and am having issues getting the app to find the light. As per instructions from the company I have downloaded the latest version of the Aquatic Light Smart Controller app and have reset/cleared network connections on my phone. I am running Android 8.1.0 software. Has anyone had this issue and resolved it? I hate having a light I spent a lot of money for and cant really use it. With the app I can connect to the lights wifi and I get the standard message that the internet may not be available, but the phone is still connected to that particular network. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Fishin Fool

Update, I am still working with the company to get it fixed. It did partially work for a minute then went back to not linking to the light. During that brief period manual mode worked but not much else did.

Fishin Fool

Update: the company sent me a new wifi controller and it appears to have resolved the problem. Everything appears to work as it should now. Just need to send the non working one back.