SC 150 skimmer review pics

Hi, I just picked up a sc-301 and was wondering if there is anything I can do to make the connection between the pump and the skimmer body more secure. Right now it's kinda wobbly and theres nothing holding it in place.

Hi, I just picked up a sc-301 and was wondering if there is anything I can do to make the connection between the pump and the skimmer body more secure. Right now it's kinda wobbly and theres nothing holding it in place.

Check my post here.

Looks like the same exact stuff.

And I have no idea how you can KNOW that it's aquarium safe. That is other than the fact that it's been on my skimmer for more than half a year now, and my reef tank is thriving. Plus I've used it for years plugging plumbing leaks on another tank (180g freshwater), and it to could not be healthier.

But that's not proof. Just my experience. :)

I've had my sca-301 for 3 weeks works pretty good still some micro bubbles but it was used and cheap. the seal for collection cup has a pretty bad split/cut in it and I'm worried it will fully pop. Any ideas where to find a replacement cup seal.

I finally picked up a SCA-302 to replace my coralife 125. What a difference. I thought the 125 was doing a good job but this thing is doing a better job. I'm glad I got it. It has been running for a month now and no issues so far. There was the standard 2 day brake in period but after that it went to town cleaning. Never have issues with it starting up after I clean the collection cup. I will try to keep a report on it if anything goes wrong.

I'm going to do the stretch tape mod for sure, have some in the garage already.
I'm also going to put a mouse pad under the whole assembly to isolate it more from the glass.

I'd like to find a 90 elbow for the output, but 3/4" doesn't fit. It's definitely metric, so I'm going to have to sand down the 3/4" elbow to let it fit.

Steve

Any ideas where to find a replacement cup seal.
No one's replied to this. I'm assuming that no one knows. I don't and I'd love a replacement cup too.

I mod'ed mine to make it shorter to fit in my sump, and cracked it in the process. It glued back together just fine. But I'd love to give it another try with a replacement cup, just to have a one that doesn't look busted.

No one's replied to this. I'm assuming that no one knows. I don't and I'd love a replacement cup too.

I mod'ed mine to make it shorter to fit in my sump, and cracked it in the process. It glued back together just fine. But I'd love to give it another try with a replacement cup, just to have a one that doesn't look busted.

the ebay seller sells at least a larger cup, why don't you ask him if he sells replacements?

Check check and recheck

Check check and recheck

Just ordered the 301 like everyone I like to have my aquarium choices checked and rechecked by all the RC posters. Wondering after the fact if the 301 is suitable for a 40 gal breeder with a 25 gallon sump. Just need the ok from RC as I already bought this and it gets here Saturday.

One thing that is strange is that there isn't a drain tube
The smaller has one and I love the feature, I won't buy another skimmer without one

One thing that is strange is that there isn't a drain tube
The smaller has one and I love the feature, I won't buy another skimmer without one

Is it acrylic? Can't you use a dremel to make the hole? Heck, I run my drill backwards to drill through plastic anyway. Only ones I've cracked is when I put too much pressure on the drill..

I bought the Sca 302 skimmer, I just got my tank set up with water in it yesterday..Now I understand that I am not going to have to much as far as foam in the cup for a little while..

But I can seem to get it dialed in right..the collection cup fills up with water...I set it so the bubbles came up to just the top of the cone without the cup on it..It is sitting in 7" of water.. which according to SCA the ideal is between 6-8 inches of water..

any one got any ideas?? what am I doing wrong if anything?? here is a video of my system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXBT3GKctlQ

Just picked up the SCA 302 skimmer.................have a few questions. I have the skimmer running in a bucket of salt water, and the water is only going up to the red disc plate above the pump...........the skimmer is in 7" of water.......???? And are these spacers go somewhere
https://www.flickr.com/photos/68126011@N02/14217966221/
I think I know what these are used for, where the screws stick out from the bottom plate.?

I have a bubble blaster hy1000 pump laying around doing nothing. Do you think it would be too much for the 303? I doubt it will fit in the 302.

Back