scary moment

popper231

earlier, i went to meet up with Bamm Bamm (I forgot to tell him this story). while i was driving, this van carrying stuff on the top was ahead of me. we were on 101 north about to merge to 680. all of a sudden a 6 feet picnic table come flying my way. it was from the van...they didn't tie it properly. it was like a hurricane blowing things around...except this is just 1 big *** plastic picnic table coming right at me. luckily, i drive with a 360 habit...i know there's no car on the right, so i swerved, barely missing the table and almost landed into the ditch. about 15 seconds later a large brown piece almost the same size as the table fly off the van. by this time i was far behind to avoid properly...but a car ahead of me brake hard and swerved. i waited for safe passage to catch up and warn the driver, but he exited the next turn out.

wow, hope nothing happened to your car mechanically...
i too had a scary moment today. was walking to safeways when i heard a loud bang and glass breaking into pieces hitting the floor. thought it was a gunshot when i saw an amp protruding from the back window of a SUV...

HOLY crap man why didn't you tell me thats hecka scary!!!!! I bet you were still in a little bit of shock..

Nice evasion! On an aside, I have no idea why some people on the road insist on driving in another person's blind spot - happens to me all the time, and if there had been a vehicle in the lane next to yours, it could have been a tragic scenario.

Ever since I saw an an open pick-up truck on the freeway drop a bale of hay (luckily I was far behind the truck), I have avoided driving directly behind trucks with uncovered cargo. Just one less thing to have to worry about on the road.

Good thing you guys got out safe. I was following one of those pickup trucks that was modified to fit more stuff in the back, when a bunch of cardboard boxes started flying off the truck. No way to avoid it since it was getting flung on all three lanes. I ran over a couple and caught up to the car to let them know what was going on, but unfortunately they seem clueless of what I was talking about and kept on going.

a few months back I was headed out to S.J. and there was a motorhome in front of me with a quad on a very small trailer and the tie downs had come loose it was about to bounce off luckily traffic slowed and I got his attention and he pulled off and fixed it.. it was pretty scray..but not like what happed to Max last night since the quad didnt actually fall off.. funny thing is Im pretty sure it happened on my way to Max's house to pickup some mangroves..

close call! Good to have fast reactions.

a year or two ago, I was coming home from my gf's house and on the bay bridge to EB around 2am. Basically it's the same time as the bars and clubs let out, so i knew there would be some maniacs on the road. As i was coming out from the bridge, i see a car ducking in and out of lanes behind me going pretty fast. When it flew past it turned out to be an M6. I thought to myself, that guy is gonna eat it hard! Not 5 sec later, the cars in front all slam on their brakes, i see the M6 hit the left side of the railing then bounced back and heading to the right. I was in the far right lane, and had no where to go. I knew if i braked, the timing would be either i would hit him or he'd t-bone me. No other choice but to gun it. Got to the right side as much as possible and just barely passed through. That was probably one of the closest calls i've ever had.

Back