School Tank help needed

dantodd

Hello all,

Well, I've torn down my 20gal home tank and only have the tank at school right now so I've not been on RC for some time.

I have a bit of a problem with the school tank. I need a skimmer and a few interesting zoo for the tank.

I also have an over abundance of GBTA. I had about 6 clones from a single mother anemone when I installed the tank. Now I have 15 or so clones and need to get rid of 8 or 10 of them. They range from very small to 6" or so in diameter. The problem is that the tank is only half illuminated for anemones and the clones are moving off into the darker area due to overcrowding and are not going to be doing well very soon. One is already in the overflow (the smallest little guy.)

I also have a ton of brown striated paly's. 5 or 10 to a frag or individuals.

Anyway, contribute something to the tank and take away a GBTA for free. If you've already contributed then let me know.

What kind of skimmer are you looking for? You might want to sell a GBTA for some skimmer money....just a thought. Post a pick of the tank to generate interest. Or try posting on the BAR club forum for more chances. Good luck.

I have some extra zoos, and palys I can give you for your school tank. Also have some anthellia. But can only meet on Mon and Tues.

I took a quick snapshot of the tank today. Sorry for the poor quality.

As you can see there is a lot of pruning that needs to be done of both Anemone clones and Paly. The yellow wrasse has only been in the tank for about a year. There are also a yellow tang, coral beauty and a pair of breeding Clarkii that have all been in my custody for 4 years or more in the tank.

I only have one half of the tank lit for anemone. The other half I hope to light with actinic. The kids at the school have visual disabilities so giving them a varied visual environment is the idea. It's also nice to have light loving critters on one side and the shrooms, sponges etc. on the other.

full.jpg

Back