SCMAS Meeting July 19th

gcarroll

SCMAS Meeting

When: Friday, July 19, 2019 @ 7:00 p.m.
Where: IHOP, 1001 E 17th St, Santa Ana CA 92701-2546

Topic: Reefapalooza Preview

It's that time of the year guys and gals! Reefapalooza is upon us creeping up just around the corner. There is gonna be a lot of cool stufff to see as more and more new products are being debuted first at the Reefapalooza events. We are going to do our best to let you know which booths have new products that may interest you.

Also, since I missed the trip to Harry's Marine Life, I wanted to hear your thought on the place and know if you guys are interested in more of these types of visits!

Don't forget to bring your water samples to have them tested by Steve Garrett.

Also, be sure to get your raffle tickets for another amazing raffle! Grand prize for this meeting is a Ecotech Radion and you never know what else may make it in the raffle.

I didn't make the field trip, but have been to Harry's 3 times now. I like Harry and his dad and both have given me some sweet deals in trade for frags and zoas. I'd be afraid to pay $$ for some of the fish he has there (e.g., Rainbow basslett, pintail fairy wrasses) but trading for them seemed less risky to me The selection of fish and corals is quite good and is different (fish anyway) each time I go there. Definitely worth a trip to check out.

I have been to Harry’s Marine Life 2x myself and was pretty impressed with the selection of corals. Prices were also better than most other retailers.

Is anyone that is going to the meeting willing to sell me a small amount of mature live rock from a pest-free system to seed my tank? I started a 160 gallon tank with with dry rock and bottle bacteria but would like to get some of the magical ocean stuff.
Thank you!

If anyone is interest I have a couple frags of Lime in the sky, PC Rainbow and Rising Sun Stag I can bring to the meeting. $20.

Hi Everyone,

How would one get more information about the club? Is it okay to drop by to this evening meeting?

I see no one replied to your two questions. The meeting is open to everyone to attend and it is free. They usually last till 9:30 or so.
Their will not be a meeting next month due to Reef-A-Palooza setup being the third Friday of August. The SCMAS web site is being redone currently, but will be able to get more details there as well as joining shortly.
Many of the members will be at the Marine Depot sale tomorrow as well. We look foward to meeting both of you.

Hi Everyone,

How would one get more information about the club? Is it okay to drop by to this evening meeting?

Sorry I missed your post.

You are more than welcome to show up. I get there a little early and order food and catch up with friends before the meeting because once the meeting starts Greg Carroll keeps interrupting me and he has a microphone.

How long do these things go til ? I've never been but I have somewhere to be at 7.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

There are generally 10 meetings a year, I get up for work at 3:00AM but I make sure to work the meetings in every month. It's great info and great to see my friends face to face each month.

Back