Scored this bad boy at the LFS today PICS

mhosts

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a colony of anything this big. Let alone SPS.

Had to get it:

Here are some pics. Pardon the Murky water... I just finished getting it all epoxied in. I'll post more in a few days when the water is clear.

If anyone could let me know what it is that would be great also (I know it's not the right forum to ask I'm sorry).

DPP_7282.JPG

DPP_7286.JPG

DPP_7289.JPG

Wow!THe fish store 2 hours away from me getts trades in like this all of the time.The range from 50 bucks to 300 bucks!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15634291#post15634291 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by clowns101
Wow!THe fish store 2 hours away from me getts trades in like this all of the time.The range from 50 bucks to 300 bucks!

This one was $150.

Pretty reasonable considering the market price around here is about $79 for something around the size of a baseball.

How the heck did you get that home without breaking it?! Very nice piece! My LFS (only one within 2 hrs driving distance) never has anything like that!

It might be an Acropora Tizardi. I'm sure someone will be able to ID it with that much of a growth form going on.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15634770#post15634770 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kkdoughboy
How the heck did you get that home without breaking it?! Very nice piece! My LFS (only one within 2 hrs driving distance) never has anything like that!

LOL! Good question. I actually did end up breaking it in two peices while epoxying it to the rockwork. This was after the lfs put it in an IO 5 gallon bucket and me having to take my entire canopy apart because it wouldn't fit through the gap!

It's all good though. I learned that the "D-D ROWA Aquascape Epoxy" is absolute garbage, doesn't set and clouds the water. I had about an inch worth of Fauna Marin stuff left and managed to get it on a rock. Doesn't cloud and hardens in under 10 mins.

Anyways, back on topic. It was very hard getting it in when it was that big. I can only imagine what it's gonna be like when I move to my new condo in 2 1/2 years. :rolleyes:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15635284#post15635284 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WhiteLightsaber
Nice find! Very modest price. Goes good with your nice aquascaping. :D

Thanks! Although I always question my aquascaping...

I still think it looks great for a tank that was started in February this year, but I always try to think of improvements.

Back