Scott Michael's Reef Fishes - publishing schedule?

discocarp

Does anyone know the target publication schedule for the rest of Scott Michael's books in the Reef Fish series? I know the damsel/clown 4th book is supposed to be out next month. Does anyone have any info on the others? There were supposed to be a total of 6, correct?

I have searched and searched and never found any information on the other books. I have preordered the 5th book off of Amazon though and can't wait!

LEe

The 4th book is coming in March of this year.

The original timetable had the series at 3 books, and Scott was done with his part before 2002 (all three were supposed to be out by then). They expanded that to 5 books, though it wouldn't surprise me if they end up adding another. Even if you hear a release date, I wouldn't count on it until you get that e-mail saying that it's shipped.

Ihoy, I think you mean the 4th book (Anemonefishes and damselfishes). Last time I checked, the 5th isn't listed yet.

Dave

Been wondering myself. Is there a second book coming that is like Reef Fishes coming out soon? I love that first edition. I just wish the first addition had info on tangs, angels, etc rather than squirelfish, and waspfish etc that I could care less about. Regards, Tim

Thanks for the info everyone. I thought it was 6 not 5, but I'm not sure where I got that impression. Its probably wrong. :)

myerst2 - There are 3 books out now in the series, with the 4th coming very soon (amazon says february, wolverine says march). One of them definitely has angelfish. Tangs haven't been addressed yet.

Sorry, I did mean fourth book. My pre-order of the book has an estimated ship date of March 4th. I wish more books would be written in this detail for reefkeeping. Caflo's Invertebrates does and Borneman's corals is also similar, just wish more reading on our hobby.

Funny how some of the best (and worst) info is here on this site.

Lee

Hope he's taking pics for the next book! :)

When he gets back, pester him! Make sure you let him know its his fans getting you to pester him though hehe...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11613228#post11613228 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by discocarp
Hope he's taking pics for the next book! :)

Like I mentioned, he had finished his part of the books a long time ago. Once things got delayed, he started adding more information. He had everything done before we left Omaha, and that was 2002. So I really hope he's NOT taking pics for these books, because that will mean further delays.

Dave

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11608218#post11608218 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by myerst2
Been wondering myself. Is there a second book coming that is like Reef Fishes coming out soon? I love that first edition. I just wish the first addition had info on tangs, angels, etc rather than squirelfish, and waspfish etc that I could care less about. Regards, Tim

Tangs, triggers, and puffers will be in the last one.
In the first book, he explains the order and why he's doing it that way, so you can get a feel for what will be in each book.

Dave

Back