Scraping back wall

ssick92

Hey everyone,

I think I am about to embark on scraping my back wall of the aquarium, well only what shows, but I have a question.

Since it is a decent amount of coralline and a bunch of dead feather duster worm tubes, is there an easy way to remove it? Or do I even need to worry about removal?

Also, what could my feather dusters dying mean? I used to have an insane amount of small feather dusters all over my rocks. They have mostly all died in about a month or 2, but their stems are still all over the rocks and glass.

Anythink you can tell me would be great.

Ya I know it is actually good, and it helps the tank look more natural, but my corals and such used to POP when the back pane was just black, rather than a dull purple color. Now they kind of just blend in. I have talked to a few people and they said cleaning the back glass makes a huge difference in appearance.

Any reason you would suggest not removing the floating coralline?

Ya I know it is actually good, and it helps the tank look more natural, but my corals and such used to POP when the back pane was just black, rather than a dull purple color. Now they kind of just blend in. I have talked to a few people and they said cleaning the back glass makes a huge difference in appearance.

Any reason you would suggest not removing the floating coralline?

Yup, cleaning th back glass does make it difference. Case in point, my tank.

BEFORE:
IMG_1527s.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_1531c.jpg

That's a ton of crud and coraline I had. There was a lot of coraline and calcified stuff in there, so I had to use a stainless steel scraper. That wool/sponge algae scrapers didn't work. I removed a section at a time with each water change. The water change allowed me to remove most of the coraline and crud that I took off. I see no reason to not remove the floating stuff, as the coraline will always grow back. The good reason to remove them is that you will kill most of them by scraping them, and they will be additional load to your biological filtration if you don't.

Back