SCRK club meeting- September 22nd with Scott Fellman

fragkiller

Hey SCRK!

The next Southern California Reef Keepers meeting will be Sunday, September 22nd, 2013 at Age of Aquariums in Signal Hill!

Our guest speaker will be Scott Fellman.

Scott Fellman is the consummate "œfish nerd", who bleeds saltwater, and yes he bleeds freshwater too!

Much of his life centers on tweaking protein skimmers, scraping algae, cleaning up spills, or figuring out how to unglue his fingers. He's been keeping marine aquariums since he was a kid, and during that time, he maintained all sorts of aquariums, fish bowls, plastic boxes, and just about anything that can hold water. His passions are aquascaping and marine biotope aquariums. He loves this hobby and the crazy people in it!

Scott has mentored many fellow hobbyists for more than ten years, starting with Bob Fenner's WetWebMedia, where he was also Co-Editor of WWM's Conscientious Aquarist online magazine for a couple of years. In 2006, he served as president of the Marine Aquarium Society of Los Angeles County.

Mr. Fellman has written numerous articles for publications such as the late Freshwater and Marine Aquarium Magazine, Ultramarine UK, Tropical Fish Hobbyist, Marine Fish and Reef USA Annual. Has also made his mark with several online venues, such as Reef Builders Magazine, Reef Addicts, Advanced Aquarist, Reefs.com, and Reef Builders, where he blogs on a variety of reef related topics. In addition to his writing, he has racked up the frequent-flyer miles traveling all over the U.S. and overseas, speaking at clubs and events. I have presented at MACNA XIX in Pittsburgh, MACNA XX in Atlanta, MACNA XI in Atlantic City, MACNA XXII in Orlando, MACNA XXII in Des Moines, MACNA XXIII in Dallas, as well the old IMAC Conferences in both Chicago and Long Beach. He has spoken several times at Reef-a-Palooza in his native Southern California. Scott keeps threatening to complete a book on marine biotope aquaria and aquascaping before this century is over, and he's pretty sure his aquarium is due for a water change at some point!

There will be food, drinks and snacks, along with a frag tank for members to buy, sell or trade corals. So if you are a member and have anything you would like to sell, bring it with you. You do not need to be a member to buy just to sell. Membership is just $25 a year.

You don't have to be a member to attend the meeting so come on out!

When: Sunday, September 22nd, 2013
Where: Age of Aquarium
2642 Cherry Ave, Signal Hill CA

Time: 6pm-9pm

Remember Age of Aquarium will be giving all members 15% off of all live goods and 10% off of all dry goods.

So if you have never been out to one of our club meetings or it has been a while since the last time you were out you won't want to miss this one.

Scott is a great guy and excellent speaker. Even if some of you aren't a member you should come on out for his talk. You'll definitely learn something.

The main raffle this month will be this awesome zoa pack. :)

Easily worth over $200 and just buying a $1 raffle ticket can win it!!!

Once again pic taken with my iPhone under AI Sols, sorry. All frags have been healed a month or more and some have babies growing.

Good luck to everyone and hope to see you all there!

List of zoas top to bottom and left to right.

Bloody Mary 1p, Space monster 1p, BBEB 2p, RK Spiderweb 2p, Nuke green 1p(two mouths)
RK Jack & Coke 2p, Goblins Fire 2p, DBZ 2p, Raptors Rainbow 2p, Pink 1p
Tubbs Blue 2p, Bambam 3p, Whammin Watermelons 3p, Blue Hex 2p, Captian America 1p
Tricolor Cloves 2p, Mohawks 2p, Kedd Red/Diablo 2p, Fire & Ice 1p, RPE 1p

FC1082ED-0B22-4222-B2CB-16A8ABDBE1B3-2705-00000274FAB1B4CB_zps691428c5.jpg

I'm looking forward to the meeting! With Cody out of town I figure I've at least got a chance to win something in the raffle. I'm cleaning out my tank so it is less cluttered, so I have a lot of cheap $5.00 frags I plan on bringing: zoa's, Paly's, frogspawn, some Dragon's Breath Flame Algae, SPS...

Update on the pack.. Polyp counts are growing!

Someones is going to be really happy with this instant collection. :)

Back