sea lettuce

is sea lettuce easy to grow and will it grow fast so it can recover in a tank with tangs?

Tangs will eat it all no matter how much you start with. To them it is like an all you can eat salad bar. If you want it to grow try it in a fuge and just use it as an occasional treat for your tangs.

It grows like a weed in my fuge, and I harvest it for my tangs.
My tangs go crazy over this stuff.
Do not grow it in a DT containing tangs or angels because they will destroy it and it'll be all over the tank and in the powerheads.

Gracilarea also grows like a weed in my fuge. I love the stuff and it's beautiful stuff. It will be the center piece of my macro dt.

My tangs wouldn't touch it. JME.

I harvested some wild sea lettuce and they just looked at it and swam the other way..

+1 on you can't keep any algae in a tang tank. I've tried :headwallblue:

My tangs wouldn't touch it. JME.

I harvested some wild sea lettuce and they just looked at it and swam the other way..

+1 on you can't keep any algae in a tang tank. I've tried :headwallblue:

will a chevron tang,naso tang and two yellowsailfins leave shaveing brush alone?i also will need some alage in the tank for my hawaiian tiger and humpback cowries

Shaving brush is still sort of soft on the top with the bristles. I wouldn't risk it. Only thing I'd chance with those is perhaps Halimeda because it's pretty much living Aragonite with chlorophyll haha.

Back