Sea Swirls

RyanEG

Bridge burner
Premium Member
I am in the process of setting up a 180 gal with a 75 sump. After seeing them used on another system I am thinking of adding 2 3/4" sea swirls as returns 7 and 8 for my closed loop system. All returns are 3/4 inch. They will be mounted on my eurobracing that is drill. Good Idea or bad.

Seaswirls are great. I have them on a bunch of tanks. They provide great mixed current. I have a couple of used ones for sale if you are interested. let me know

I hear they end up frying the motors and not working. From what many people have said, the wavyseas seem lik ethe way to go.

wavy seas cost like 3x more and I have only seen one have a gear go out. I think that used to be more common. The one that was bad was fixed at no cost by the manufacturer.

mailbox is cleared now

I highly reccomend the Sea Swirls and have used a 3/4 inch model on a prior tank. They are quiet, bulletproof, and simple devices with a long proven track record. Also great customer service if you ever need it but likely won't. Mine was purchased used and it kept on ticking for years till I resold it and got my money back. Wish more reef stuff was as reliable.

Back