SeaSchor Has Borbonius Anthias!

Pufferpunk

If any of you have ever seen these in that shop in Brookfield, they are quite the impressive fish... for $450 each. SeaSchor has them in all sizes for only $125 & they are a CMAS suporter!!

AnthiasBorbonius4-1.jpg

Last edited:
Think there on hold? There was like 10 left. So maybe not all of them.
Than again my wife was with me so I did not buy one :(
Very stunning fish!

Last edited:
I bought one but am thinking about going back for another.
Roman, Would they be better as more than one? I searched everywhere & I was lucky to even find a pic, nevermins any info on behaviour. I do have an aggressive tank I can move him into.

i found them for 69 online though. even with shipping, its probably worth getting a small group for 69 each.

Hmmm... well I really only wanted one & I do like to support LFS when I can afford it. I bought a $100 GC for $75 from SS during the holidays, so it was much cheaper than $125 with the CMAS discount & all.

not bad, im still deciding if i should get fish. my tank is fishless now and so far the coral color has exploded. i really need to feed corals every day now.

i do have a ton of snails and hermits, few shrimp and cucumbers. now with no fish there is a ton of shrimp larva in the tank and some are actually looking really different and huge compared to others.

i was thinking to get 8-10 Apogon leptacanthus since i feed the corals cyclop-eez a few times a week so they can just get that. not sure if they can be happy on that 3 times a week though. maybe, i feed a lot since i rinse it.

there is one shrimp in the frag tank and that's where all the little shrimp larva are. its a 40B. a ton of shrimp larva there ranging from 1mm to 5mm or so. its kind of cool. i wish they will morph into mature shrimp. i know there was a thread around about a guy actually breeding cleaner shrimp successfully. ill see if i can find it because im curious to see at what size did they morph from larva to actual shrimp.

Yeah, it is a beautiful fish...Lots of darker green spots, we probably drove poor Brandon crazy...once we had one with a lot of color picked out, we just had to keep our eyes on it until he had it netted.
They also had some of the prettiest, BLUEST Maxima clams I have ever seen...you could see the blue from 5 feet away with the top of the water highly agitated...they were very reasonable considering the color and size of them....at least 4" and maybe 5".

Thanks for picking out the best fish in the group, Nina! I love shopping with you. :D

I turned out the lights after putting him in, because he's a deepwater fish & they have no lights over their tanks at SeaSchor. He looked a little freaked out with my lights--jammed himself between the rocks. This morning I just have the actinics on & he's swimming aorund nicely. What a cutie!

Wrassemeister, What is yours eating?

Back