SeaWorld Trip. Once in a life time chance!!

FMAS

Dear FMAS members:

We have decided to go along with the trip to Sea World. I am again providing the detailed information for the trip in this document. It has also been decided that you can bring along anyone you wish, member or non member. Another bit of good news is the price went down to $58.52 per person.

For those interested a $25/per person non refundable deposit is needed by February 26th, with the balance ($33.52/per person) due March 19th.

Sea World options have been set up in Paypal. Below are the links for payments; this will notify us of your registration.

Short cut, for full payment: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...ttps://www.fmas1955.org/subscribe_success.php

Short cut, for deposit: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...ttps://www.fmas1955.org/subscribe_success.php

We are still looking into chartering a bus if the interest is there. Please notify me if this interests you. It would leave early in the morning, getting us there when the park opens or soon thereafter. It will return in the late night. This will require an additional nominal fee, but with the price of gas, and not having to worry about driving, it might be worth it. This will be decided after we have a closer number of participants, probable early March. You do not need to go on the bus to participate.

DATE

Saturday, April 10, 2010. The park opens at 9:00 AM, and passes will
be good until 10:00 PM when the park closes.

ADMISSION

Each admission ticket will provide a full day admission to Sea World. During the day at the park only, an attendee may upgrade their admission to any current offering by paying the difference between the price paid and the type of ticket chosen, including the popular Fun Pass or regular annual pass. Attendees may return to the park within 7 days for one full day of admission at no charge. Children 2 years of age and under are free.

LUNCH

TIME: Lunch will be served for a period of one hour, scheduled to
our preference. This info will be posted once details are finalized.

LOCATION: Lunch will be served in a private area of the park in the Sea Harbor Pavilion area directly behind Bayside Stadium (the old water ski show stadium). A park employee will be assigned to our group to provide members and guests admission from the park into the Sea Harbor Pavilion.

MENU: We are recommending the entrée choice of BBQ Chicken or Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast. The BBQ Chicken is served as 8 different pieces of whole chicken that will allow choice between light and dark meat. The selected sides are Mixed Garden Salad with House Dressing, Fresh Fruit Salad and Black Beans & Rice. The dessert will be cookies and brownies. There will be a choice of beverages available including Pepsi products, iced tea, lemonade and Aquafina water.

PARKING

We have an option to purchase a group parking pass. This will allow everyone in our entire group to park without additional charges. Otherwise, each car must pay for their own parking. We are considering renting a Tour Bus for interested members at a nominal fee.

FEATURED BACKSCENES TOUR - MANTA AQUARIUM

Justin Zimmerman, Aquatic Supervisor and ORCA (Orlando Reef Caretakers Association) member will give personalized tours of the new Manta attraction aquarium tanks. This is a custom tour that is not available to the public. There are a total of 10 tanks in the attraction, nine of them are saltwater.

The main feature in Manta (other than the ride) is an impressive 225,000 gallon tank that is viewable from many angles, including the ride wait line. It is spectacular to stand in the underwater portal and view the graceful rays and fish swimming over you. Two of the four spotted eagle rays, Maverick and Goose (Top Gun) were born in Sea Worlds Discovery Cove.

The Manta Reef Aquarium is an awesome fully stocked 12,000 gallon reef tank. This tank is using 12,000 watts of metal halide lights, with another 4000 watts in reserve. The lighting fixture s so large that it is mounted on two electric boat lifts to allow adjustment and service. It contains 7,000 lbs of live rock mounted to quarried limestone base rock. Circulation is 10x turnover provided by one of two 15 HP electric pumps. Calcium reactor is a Schraun unit that holds 200 lbs of media. The kalkwasser reactor holds 50 lbs of kalkwasser. Approximately half of the corals were provided by ORA.

This is one of the most spectacular reef tanks in the country. It is only 6 months old and growing fast. The equipment is all brand new, and huge!

There are several more specialty aquariums in the exhibit, including an octopus tank, Australian sea dragon tank. Others are sea horse, shrimp and goby, sea horse, and pipefish tanks. Our particular favorite is the rose bubble tip anemone tank featuring the offspring of the entire living colony of offspring single RBTA that Rick & Terry donated to Sea World several years ago.

The tours will be led by Justin, and will be scheduled during the day of the event. Members wishing to participate in this tour will be split into small groups of approximately 25 each. This is not your normal park event that is sold every day by the park. It is a highly specialized tour of the Manta exhibit by aquarists for aquarists.

PRICES

ADMISSION

Based on 100 people, park admission is $58.52 per person, that includes taxes. There is no charge for age 2 and under. Current pass holders will not need to pay admission and may purchase the lunch with advance payment at a-la-carte prices.

PARKING

Included.

LUNCH

A private buffet Lunch is included with the admission package. Attendees who already hold Sea World passes may join us in the meal by paying 14.95 plus 20% service fee and Sales Tax ($19.10).

This behind the tours trip cannot be bought otherwise. ORCA, who we have partnered up for this, has a member/employee at SeaWorld that got permission to do this for our societies.

I'm def up for the trip. I'm wondering if we'll have time to world wide. after we finish at seaworld.

Thats not a bad idea Derrell but it will depend on whether we all go up together on a bus (still up for grabs) or if you go up on your own. If we go in bus it will depend on majority, well vote on when leaving park. If you go on your own, your on your own to do as you please. :)

Should be noted also that it is FREE ADMISSION for state of FL Teachers if any of you are teachers.
Just have to pay for the kids.

so how would it work if my fiance and i come (we are both members) and would like to bring my little sister (shes only 12) will she be able to come to the behind the scenes tours with us? if shes not an FMAS Member?

so how would it work if my fiance and i come (we are both members) and would like to bring my little sister (shes only 12) will she be able to come to the behind the scenes tours with us? if shes not an FMAS Member?

Yes. You could bring ANYONE. :bounce1:

Im thinking of bringing the girlfriend. Not sure if wife would like though. JK. :wildone:

Sea World actually has a reef tank that isn't in the gift shop???

The Manta Reef Aquarium is an awesome fully stocked 12,000 gallon reef tank. This tank is using 12,000 watts of metal halide lights, with another 4000 watts in reserve. The lighting fixture s so large that it is mounted on two electric boat lifts to allow adjustment and service. It contains 7,000 lbs of live rock mounted to quarried limestone base rock. Circulation is 10x turnover provided by one of two 15 HP electric pumps. Calcium reactor is a Schraun unit that holds 200 lbs of media. The kalkwasser reactor holds 50 lbs of kalkwasser. Approximately half of the corals were provided by ORA.

There are several more specialty aquariums in the exhibit, including an octopus tank, Australian sea dragon tank. Others are sea horse, shrimp and goby, sea horse, and pipefish tanks. Our particular favorite is the rose bubble tip anemone tank featuring the offspring of the entire living colony of offspring single RBTA that Rick & Terry donated to Sea World several years ago

Military Discount

Military Discount

Should be noted also that it is FREE ADMISSION for state of FL Teachers if any of you are teachers.
Just have to pay for the kids.

Attn: Military
Anhueser-Busch "proud to serve those who serve" -Complimentary admission for active duty military representing all five service branches, active members of a reserve or National Guard unit, and/or up to three direct dependants. See www.herosalute.com for more information on how to take advantage of this offer.

--Barbara

Thanks Barbara. We will have to look into it. Besides that's my birthday!

Back