seeding and cycleing need quick answers?

i thought i mentioned i got my tank and water from a guy used he had hust added the water and when i asked him what it was he said its good saltwater i asked if it wa ro/di and he said yes! but it wasnt really salt water more like brackish water!

update
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 10

and im adding 2 big snails to help with the diatoms. . uncle bills said they would help w diatoms do u think they will work well? i have an abalone in my nano and ill add my nano to the tank tmw. i went ahead an added more salt just now for the snails its not going up by much ne ways so i figured it be ok to mix some for a half hr and add it to the tank for another 30 min then let the snails out?

Many snails will consume diatoms. If the snails will attach themselves to the tank wall, you could just put them above the water line and let them enter the water when they're ready. That works for a fair number of snails. Otherwise, I always acclimated using a PinPoint salinity monitor to monitor a gradual salinity change.

i let them acc. in the bag for like45 min or so prob while i upped my sg to 1.025. then i opened the bag and put some of my water int he bag and let it set for like another 10 min or so then just grabbed them and put them in. there now on top of each other riding up the glass lol. i hope they do well. what are best at eating diatoms? snails? my abalone will eat them right? my diatoms are becoming outrageous ahh

kimowen04

my tank with toms of diatoms and my 2 snails

ok so im gonna add my nano!! started by taking a bucket and removing some sand! it was really stirred up and dirty so ive been waiting for it to settle! now im about to put my clown and an other tankmates into a bucket and put in my nano sand and rock and rock-scape! then ill let the sand and tank sit for prob most of the day and then put mr nemo and the rest into the tank!! then as long as theres no spike this week id say its pretty safe and done w the cycle!!

like after xmas ill prob have a lil cash and then it will be more established ne ways and ill add some corals/fish!

my fish im thinking of are. .
6 line wrass
midas blenny yellow
maybe citis clown goby or the green clown gobby

are there bigger fish or some other gr8 fish u thinks ideal 4 me?

some corals are. . .
zoas, ricordea an other mushrooms,grn star polyp,clove polyp, toadstool,blue devil finger leather, neon pineapple tree?? idk im new to corals.

ne advice or criticism is welcome?

Fish choices depend a lot on personal taste. A book like "Reef Fishes" by Scott Michael might be a good investment.

Diatom will go away in time. Make sure to use RO/DI water when doing water changes to prevent algae problem later on.

thanks its supposed to be ro/di but it was supposed to be good salt water too lol and the sg was 1.016 so who knos for certain

its all cycled and set up!!and looks like i already have some bight green coraline starting to spread?? cant wait! i have some kind of dark pink maroon red looking coral thats small bubbles theres like a cluster of like 5-6 bubbles i dnt kno what it is? its been eaten by a star once and has come back. and i have one like brown/redish feathery polyp on the same rock that can from my nano! will they spread?? will snails and abalone algae type inverts eat coraline??

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q233/kimowen04/?action=view&current=donecycleddec709002.jpg

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q233/kimowen04/?action=view&current=donecycleddec709001.jpg

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q233/kimowen04/?action=view&current=donecycleddec709003.jpg

I don't know of any common snails that eat coralline, but there are a lot of snails in this world. A closeup of the organisms might help us determine how much they will spread.

the coral looks like the tips of the bubbles may be a lighter or diff color? srry icant get a better pic

Your not going to believe this! Woke up at 4am to my tank with a bad leak! Its gotta b trashed. I got ripped off!! How would the tank withhold so much water and rock for that long b4 leaking???
So i spent all night emptying it and saving my corals i just got and all the life in my tank. I currently have evrything in 2 10 gal tanks one with a couple peaces of lr and all the life in my tank, and the other with some sand and a bunch of lr i could fit in it with a small lil hob filter to help save my lr. I had a good lot of coraline on my rock startin to grow!!! Im sooo depressed! Im out 200$ and i cant afford another tank what am i supposed to do?????

the tank is now completely empty whoever tried to re-seal the bottom of the tank had NO IDEA what they were doing it looks awful! we re-sealed out 75 gal tank when we had it w no prob just TIME consuming uhh! so i guess well try to reseal the bottom. they didnt even strip the old caulk off and they GLOBBED in on!! OMG

I assume the tank was a Private transaction, like CL?

If it was ebay, they have purchasing protection, and I would get my money back. If it was CL, no such luck charlie. Sorry to hear about your problem, nothing worse than waking up to a wet floor and then realizing where it came from.

I'd contact your LFS and see if they have a custom builder they work with. He might do a re-seal fairly cheap. With the supplies, and the knowledge, sealing should take almost no time, and only tie up his equip for a few days.

GL

Back