Seio pumps are not recommended to run on a wavemaker device.

mckeec

Note: Seio pumps are not recommended to run on a wavemaker device.

According to Marine Depot these pumps should not go on a wave timer. Anyone doing it and how are they holding up?

Some are and others had them fail.
Seio is comming out with a controller

Do you know if a soft start controller is the key to having them be reliable on a timer. Seems if they can make a controller that works, so should others. Any idea when their controller will be available?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7501224#post7501224 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mckeec
Do you know if a soft start controller is the key to having them be reliable on a timer. Seems if they can make a controller that works, so should others. Any idea when their controller will be available?

It does the same thing the tunze controller does, just raises and lowers the RPM. The pump never shuts off.

So what are the current controller options that exist? Just the Tunze until the new Seio controller? I seem to recal a cheaper controller being marketed for use on the Maxijet mods.

I have been running my 1100s on a reeffanatic wavemaker for about 4 months now. I couldnt do it when I was dosing kalk though. No problems when I stopped. They do chatter a bit when they start though. About a minute on and a minute off.

Re: Seio pumps are not recommended to run on a wavemaker device.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7500813#post7500813 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mckeec
Note: Seio pumps are not recommended to run on a wavemaker device.

I think you typed a little too much, you should have typed:

"Seio pumps are not recommended to run!" :lol:

I just recently posted a month or so ago that I had not had any problems with my seio's well guess what both of my seio's quit within a week and a half period. I believe the cause was from power flickering on and off during storms that we recently had in this area and comr too find out both magnets on both impellars exploded and I only had them for 6-9 months.

Re: Re: Seio pumps are not recommended to run on a wavemaker device.

Re: Re: Seio pumps are not recommended to run on a wavemaker device.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7504047#post7504047 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by YodaHart
I think you typed a little too much, you should have typed:

"Seio pumps are not recommended to run!" :lol:

Honeslty, the SEIOs are more reliable than about 90% of the products in this hobbie. Newbies just like to rag on RIO because of their history.

Do you own any of them?

Re: Re: Re: Seio pumps are not recommended to run on a wavemaker device.

Re: Re: Re: Seio pumps are not recommended to run on a wavemaker device.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7505860#post7505860 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RichConley
Honeslty, the SEIOs are more reliable than about 90% of the products in this hobbie. Newbies just like to rag on RIO because of their history.

Do you own any of them?

Yup, I've owned 3 and 2 have died within 2 months of use.

Rich

Rich

I seem to recall a previous post, where that's not the case, not a newb by any means, and we debated this fully, it's a matter of taste and choice, or of tasters choice. Either way it's six and half dozeon of the other here. Seio's I own 2, the 820 and the 110 and Tunze6060. As far as power consump, and cost and quality of product the Tunze's outbeat the Seio's by a long shot. As far as using them on a wavetime, well everytime my Seio's shutdown they chatter on start up, and have and do get cleaned monthly with vinegar solution, I couldn't imagine doing that every let's say 1 min without failure. Just my two cents, but Rich to generalize that only newbs dislike Seio's is pedantic in your thinking at best. Numerous users both like and dislike these powerheads.

David

hey all...i ran 2-MJ 1200's and 2-Seio 820 on a Tsunami Blueline wavemaker for close to 2yrs without any issues....the seios switched on/off probably every 30 min......and the MJ every min or so.....

both seios still in working order, yet im using a CL on my 120g now, so no need for the seios anymore.....
Cheers,

David, my point was that most of them work fine, and the ones that dont, tend to not work immediately.

If it stopped working in the first 2 months, send the freaking things back Yoda, they have a year warranty on them.

It seems to me like TAAM has som tolerance issues in their plant, so some of them work fine, and soem dont work at all. I've had 2 for a year+, and they work perfectly. THey need to be cleaned LESS than my maxis do.

Back