Seio's + Wavemaster = Yeah Right?

Infern0

So aparently using Seio's on the wavemaster is a bad idea? Did anyone else know this already but me? I just got everything hooked up and as soon as I turned it on, all the pumps did their little kick start sound rattling to no end. Then the wavemaster shut them off, randomly started turning them on again and they do that every freakin time! It's extremely loud, make my fish scatter everytime, and doesn't sound very good for the pump at all.

Any insight? Will this ever stop? Is this really bad for the pumps? Should I just throw the thing across the room?

Doesn't it say on the SEIO pump or instructions, not to be used with wave makers? They are not meant to be started and stopped like you are attempting to do. There are a few threads on this here on RC.

Says nothing about wavemakers whatsoever in the instructions or on the box.

Would have searched for other threads on this, but aparently you have to donate to use the search feature.

Check the paperwork and/or the box again. I bought a Seio not too long ago, and I do remember reading "Not for use with wave timers" or something close.

LOL, it's stated on the box or instruction booklet that no wavemaker.

You lucky if it turn back on after you unplug it.

Gotta make sure you check the box and papers before you use any equipment. It also states on most online stores that sell that they are not made for wavemakers. Hope you get them to work. They are making a controller for them soon which they can be used on.

It even states it on the little tags hanging on the power cord:lol: Did you take yours off before you read them:eek:

LOL, give me a break guys...I know I posted in the n00b section, but dang...I am telling you, I have read the entire box as well as the entire manual booklet that came with them...NOTHING about either of those...anyway, while I waited for a response to this thread I had already unplugged them from the WM and just left my other 2 powerheads which happen to be MaxiJets in.

For the record, Rio (makers of Seio) has been fighting a pretty bad rep on the Internet BBs. Their original line of pumps left a lot to be desired. Many people complained of serious issues ranging from getting shocked, to an entire tank loss, to a fire in their home all blamed on their RIO pumps.
I still won't put a RIO powerhead or pump in my tank, but I do have a SEIO. It moves some water (don't get me wrong, this thing is no Tunze), restarts after being turned off, and has not given me a hint of trouble since I got it about a year ago. Seio appears to be a much higher quality item than it's predecessors.
That said, I like Maxijet pumps a LOT. There is nothing I know of that will perform better on a wave maker, and I recently found a guy that makes a modification kit for the Maxi 1,200 that increases it's flow tremendously. I'll see if I can find a link for that....

well i have to agree with Inferno after reading this i was gonna post a pic. of where it said do not use with wavemakers from mine. well i looked at the whole box and instructions and i don't see anything about it. and i have a seio 1100. but from reading on here i knew not to use them with a wavemaker

I have to smack my seio's sometimes to get them to come restart:rolleyes: But I like the flow

Do you have the new magnetic holders for the maxijets? Gotta get those! Thats the only thing I hate about the Maxijets, the suction cups !

yeah the suction cups suck so i went with the holder that i found on the diy forum works great. i'll see if i can find it.

That Maxijet mod kit comes with an acrylic bracket to hang the pump with.
Still trying to find a link.

Acrylic bracket hangs over the rim of your tank to hold the pump. The link I posted is a DIY kind of thing, but there is someone out there making these things with machinery that makes them look much more "professional".

Back