Selling my un-used 40B SPS frag system.

Lucas M

Hey everybody, been a while since I've posted here (and I was kind of a lurker as it is).

Unfortunately, as my duties at work have increased over the past year, I find less and less time for reefing. Even worse, as soon as I got this system running in my garage, I learned that the electrical circuit for that part of the house isn't strong enough to run two tanks along with the garage door opener. It throws the breaker and that's just too much of a problem. This put a big delay on the build out of the tank and with everything else combined I'm pretty much just looking to get out of the hobby other than my nano right now.

Believe it or not I have a custom built frag system I built that has water running in it but has never had any coral, sand, or anything other than salt water cycling in it. It needs somebody to actually grow some coral in it. It is essentially brand new.

The tank is a custom drilled a 40B with an BRS overflow with a two pipe drain system through a sock with Spears gate valve flow control, check valve return and on a metal shelf stand. The sump is a 20 Tall and it has the following in it:

Danner Mag Drive 5-500 gallon return pump, used for a few months but only running clean saltwater.

Reef Octopus NWB110 Pinwheel Skimmer, has been sitting in the sump but has never actually been powered on.

Deluxe BRS Carbon/GFO Reactor with MJ1200, never powered on, a full 3 lb jar of BRS Premium Rox Carbon and a full 2 lb jar of BRS GFO.

I have a custom built LED array with it that has only been lightly used for previous frag flat, near brand new. It's a modulation of the RapidLED 3 LED Puck kit with additional UV and blue LEDS added on a larger heatsink and manual dimmers. This system will probably grow SPS very well at approximately 70% brightness.

My total cost on this system was over $1400, and even though it has water flowing in it is literally brand new with most of the equipment brand new. I have some test kits (Elos and Red Sea) that are new or near new that I'll throw in as well.

I would really prefer not to part it out for the headache involved. I want the system to go to a good home with somebody who is ready to grow awesome SPS and who has the time (and a calmer schedule) to fully take advantage of it. I built this system to grow SPS and somebody needs to do it.

I'm looking for best offers and would love to place this with somebody local. I can help move the system and you're welcome to take the ~55 gallons of water with you if you bring a can or two. I'm in Petaluma and can show the system off any time on the weekend or weekdays after 5:00 PM.

Please send me a PM if interested.

I'll add pictures tonight. Thanks for your interest and I'm bummed I can't participate and lurk anymore.

Back