Seneye after trimming

TBishop

I have a Seneye that I initially trimmed to match my Salifert PH test. Anyhow now my Seneye is reading 8.3 whereas my Salifert is reading at 8.5. Would you trust the Seneye over the Salifert test or should I retrim the Seneye again?

I have a Seneye that I initially trimmed to match my Salifert PH test. Anyhow now my Seneye is reading 8.3 whereas my Salifert is reading at 8.5. Would you trust the Seneye over the Salifert test or should I retrim the Seneye again?

Is there a calibration solution for this?

I'm not sure honestly. I soaked the new slide for 24 hours as suggested and it's been in the tank for about 16 days now.

ETA: With a quick google search the slides should already be pre-calibrated pending you soak the slide in tank water before you switch it out. Some people have trimmed it to match it with their other digital tests. I think I'm going to move the device from the return pump section in my sump and put it where my fuge will be.

Last edited:
I'm not sure honestly. I soaked the new slide for 24 hours as suggested and it's been in the tank for about 16 days now.

I've found the PH trend on the seneye is accurate. It's harder to match a test vial to a colour chart. Having said that, you can retrim the seneye if you think your judgement of the colour chart is solid.

I've found the PH trend on the seneye is accurate. It's harder to match a test vial to a colour chart. Having said that, you can retrim the seneye if you think your judgement of the colour chart is solid.

I'm going to un-trim the seneye and test with the salifert. Do you have any idea as to why the seneye would read lower than the salifert test?

I just tested the PH to me that's reading about 8.5 ish whereas, untrimmed my seneye is reading at 7.58.

Attachments

• photo412444.jpg
    photo412444.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
I'm going to un-trim the seneye and test with the salifert. Do you have any idea as to why the seneye would read lower than the salifert test?

No, but mine always did too and once trimmed stayed true with my salifert. I use an apex now, I thought replacing the slides all the time was a bit silly. I'm not sure if it matters for PH, but did you make sure the 'reef tank' setting is checked off in the seneye software?

As for your image, would need to see the vial above the white part not the coloured part to make a comparison.

No, but mine always did too and once trimmed stayed true with my salifert. I use an apex now, I thought replacing the slides all the time was a bit silly. I'm not sure if it matters for PH, but did you make sure the 'reef tank' setting is checked off in the seneye software?

As for your image, would need to see the vial above the white part not the coloured part to make a comparison.

Here is an updated image of the vial. I had originally had it in the white area next to the colors.

ETA: The two tests are more than an hour difference on when I took the test.

Attachments

• photo412445.jpg
    photo412445.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Here is an updated image of the vial. I had originally had it in the white area next to the colors.

ETA: The two tests are more than an hour difference on when I took the test.

Ah, My apologies, I forgot about the white block. Sadly anything over 8.3 is guessing until it turns blue.

Seneye uses "colorimetry" like the salifert kit.
Only difference is the color is judged by a photodiode.

Technically should be more accurate depending on the seneye cards response.

Back