Serious Issue with my Apex

tangstank

Obsessed Reefer
Very randomly my Apex Display changes Temp & PH settings to 19.3 & 1.59 respectively.
I don't have an ORP probe & it states ORP as 921.

At this stage my Apex is pretty much stuck (Non responsive) Once I restart it gets ok.

When my Apex is stuck, the chiller does not come on, & this is causing an issue.

Please suggest.

I had the same issue (can see my earlier thread)-- tried several things but none worked.

Sending my base unit to Curt tomorrow morning to have him take a look at it.

I have the very similar issue, send in the base unit, and they look at it and replaced a few things. I got it back and put it up over the weekend. It started doing the same thing, so I have to send everything back in so they can take a look at what is going on.

Same here, Send in the Base unit and be without a controller, That is not possible or reasonable to do so on most tanks. Less than Stellar C/S IMO
Bill

Same here, Send in the Base unit and be without a controller, That is not possible or reasonable to do so on most tanks. Less than Stellar C/S IMO
Bill

That's about the best you'll get from any manufacturer. Anything you can't live without on your tank, you should have more than one of.

You can ask Curt if he'll ship you out a "loaner" base unit, but he'll probably want to at least put a hold on your credit card just to protect himself.

It sounds like your controller is rebooting - Temp of 20 degrees, pH of 2 or 12 and ORP of 1000 are all indications of missing or failed probes - or during a reboot (if you don't have an ORP probe, turn ORP off and it will stop reporting).

Do you have Fallback OFF for your chiller outlet program? If so, change that to ON.

Is your firmware current?

Denied

Denied

That's about the best you'll get from any manufacturer. Anything you can't live without on your tank, you should have more than one of.

You can ask Curt if he'll ship you out a "loaner" base unit, but he'll probably want to at least put a hold on your credit card just to protect himself.

I already offered to do just that and Curt said they no longer have loaners!
Kinda makes the Warranty useless and that's just not right.
Bill

Thanks for all the suggestions. I read through & tried the following:
1. I reinstalled 4.04 Firmware
2. Rebooted
3. Init All
4. I Upgraded to the latest 4.05 Firmware
5. Init All

Nothing helped. Now, after 4.05 even after reboot, the Apex is not initializing correctly.

Ok...here is an update:
I downgraded my Firmware to Version 4.03_6A10 (Fortunately I have the previous firmware releases backed up) & this seems to have solved the problem.

I will keep this thread updated.

I can now guarantee the issue I was facing is software related. Since downgrading the firmware to 4.03, my Apex has never rebooted & PH & Temp readings are fine.
Any ideas from Firmware developers.

Back