Serpent Starfish

Floridian321

I have a fluval 13.5 I bought a serpent starfish from the lfs. My question is if it dies how can I prevent the tank from crashing? It's buried in the sand some place, i can't find it. What should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should be fine, assuming you're feeding the tank something it can eat. Any old fish food'll work. They're great detrivores, which all tanks need.

I have reproducing micro-serpent stars. They're an important part of the ecosystem.

Worst case, you're doing a 100% water change on 13.5 gallons.

It should be fine, assuming you're feeding the tank something it can eat. Any old fish food'll work. They're great detrivores, which all tanks need.

I have reproducing micro-serpent stars. They're an important part of the ecosystem.

Worst case, you're doing a 100% water change on 13.5 gallons.

Just did 50% water change hopefully the bacteria bloom won't come back! I can't find it in the tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kicking up the sandbed searching is not the way to go. Disturbing the sandbed can bring down all sorts of mayhem. Just be patient. It may surface eventually.

They typically aren't buried in the sand, they tend to crawl into holes in the rock. You'd be surprised how small of a spot they can get into. I find that they do come out during the day for fresh foods. The one in my old tank loved chopped mussel. Slithered out pretty darn fast when it sensed that stuff in the tank.

Back