Share Efflo Pics?

will16

So I think I've caught the efflo bug. Trying to find a nice frag. Anyone care to share any pics to hold me over?

Thanks!

DSC_0017.jpg

:)

kaserpick, the mother colony i got mine from looks almost identical to yours...but heres my frag beginning to table

christmasfts016.jpg

christmasfts017.jpg

This small colony was aquacultured upright rather than flat so the growth pattern was a little off and it has had to adjust to the proper lighting.
Looks like once it colors up, it will look similar to the others posted above. Starting to encrust more and tips are growing.

CIMG3443.jpg

CIMG3348.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure on the growth; I've only had mine for about a month now. If I had to guess, I would say that they're probably a slower grower due to the coral density and thickness. But, this is just a guess. I'm curious what others have actually seen. :)

Gotta love those Efflos! Here is one of the older pics of my Ultimate Efflo overshadowing the Tyree Soli. Second pic is of the $500 Efflo that was grown from a <1/4" frag. This is the best I ever got it to color up.

Ultimate Efflo
UltimateEfflo_2.jpg

$500 Efflo
500Efflo.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14188364#post14188364 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gcarroll

Ultimate Efflo
UltimateEfflo_2.jpg

Sweetest efflo Ive ever seen. Coral is 10x brighter in person :eek1:

Thanks guys, it is the highlight of my tank. One of the corals that has been with me since the beginning.

Here's mine, not anything special when you compare it to Greg's Ultimate though! And I thought I wanted a $500 Efflo frag... at least I didn't waste my money. :thumbsup: I've found efflos to be pretty slow growers at first, but once a frag settles in and gets about raquetball size it can start growing pretty well.

Efflo.jpg

Well, on the other side of the curve, here's a shot of my old "World's Ugliest Efflo". What it lacked in color, it made up in size: Nearly 16" diameter at its biggest.

Topdown-Efflo.jpg

Hey I think that huge one looks great. I prefer corals that are huge over lots of little ones.

Plus all the corals in nature don't blow us away with color but they do have size.

Back