Shark hasn't grow much...

SpottyWhite

Let me start of by saying that I wasn't expected to get her when I did as it was a birthday present from a ex 16 months ago. I got a female whitespotted bamboo shark and never had a problem with her. She stayed in my 90 gal reef for a few months that I adjusted for her. I bought and set up my 125 fowlr thats 6'x18" foot for the last year and keep my water par near perfect and regulate closely and I have a large skimmer that is rated for a 180. She is fed a mix diet of fish, squid, scallops, shrimp that I get fresh at the store 2-3x a week. Well she eats great and has showed no signs of distress but has barely grown and only 12-13 inch long. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or should be concerned. I am planning on building a 8'x4'x 20" acrylic come this winter so I can keep her properly at full size.

they grow slow, but even slower when restricted to such small space !

125 is really not big enough, and skimmer rated for 180 is not a good fit. I do not think you will get much help here. should start with the new tank ... 99.99% of times when ppl come on here and say what u said, it wont happen, and the shark just dies in the small tank. I hope you dont allow that to happen.

last thing I want is for her to die but working on saving some money for a larger tank and filtration system. I would rather build it but with the promotion I am up for at work happens I wont have time to build it but will have to buy it. I am using the 125 as a grow out right now due to money being tight right now. I am always up for advice and recommendations. What would be recommended for a filtration/skimmer?

From what i have read, the first year they can grow up to 12 inches and then taper off after. Mine is roughly around 12 inches or so and she eats an assortment of food from silversides, shrimp, squid and also Shark Formula cubes that is fortified with iodine and vitamins.

Back