Shipped zoas

SmoothSmoke

How long does it take for shipped zoas to start opening up? Received a pack yesterday that were overnighted to me but a few are being stubborn. Hoping they didnt bite the dust.

it can take up to a few days to a week. post a pic. was the water smelling bad or cloudy in bag?

it can take up to a few days to a week. post a pic. was the water smelling bad or cloudy in bag?

No didn't notice any off smell or cloudy water, but the zoas were off the frag completely.

Here they are attached to a rock now.

20140514_122000.jpg

Last edited:
looks like they want to open, give it some time. i'm sure having to be glued again wasn't easy for the frag. is that on some new live rock? or just dry rock rubble

looks like they want to open, give it some time. i'm sure having to be glued again wasn't easy for the frag. is that on some new live rock? or just dry rock rubble

It's new live rock rubble that's been in the sump for about 6 weeks. I'll give it some time. Just worried as this is my first experience with having frags shipped to me. Thanks!

All corals open right away for me except ones that were shipped. I got a free zoa from blue zoo and I think it took a day or 2 to open. I had a guy trade me some zoas and they were open before he left.

It's been over 30 hours since I received them. They're still like the photo above.

How does one tell if they're flat out dead? I've seen melted zoa pics. Same?

My 90 reef tank crashed last fall and some of the zoas stayed closed for weeks. They all ended up surviving so be patient and keep the faith zoas are hard to kill.

Here they are 72 hours in. Unfortunately nothing has changed.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400249940241.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400249940241.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 0
Back