should have listened to the warnings about emerald crabs...

I put an emerald crab in last night to help with bubble algae and was happy to see it clear out two chunks of it in less than 2 hours. Then this morning I wake up and its got its grubby little mitts resting on a once whole, now half, eaten gobstopper zoa which I just got at reefapalooza lol.

Now it's sitting in a cup next to me as I type this and I don't know what the protocol is with unwanteds. I feel bad killing it, but driving it 45 min back to the lfs is not worth it. My refugium has my protein skimmer in it and I don't know if its smart enough to not get sucked up either.

TLDR; what is the protocol for an unwanted emerald crab?

20181012_155604.jpg

Now stop me if I am starting to cross the animal abuse line here, but let's just say I had a mid-day thought while staring out into space. A thought that suggested maybe I take a spot of glue and some string and put it on the back of the emerald crab. Then I drop the crab down to where my bubble algae is, real Tom Cruise/Mission Impossible like. Then when the crab is done cleaning, WOOOSH! I pull em up, clip its dumb string, and let it live in the refugium of infinite food and safety. The crab would thereby have cleared all debts including previous zoa damages and future rent.

Can I get a consensus if this is in fact animal cruelty or if it's just business? LOL

Now stop me if I am starting to cross the animal abuse line here, but let's just say I had a mid-day thought while staring out into space. A thought that suggested maybe I take a spot of glue and some string and put it on the back of the emerald crab. Then I drop the crab down to where my bubble algae is, real Tom Cruise/Mission Impossible like. Then when the crab is done cleaning, WOOOSH! I pull em up, clip its dumb string, and let it live in the refugium of infinite food and safety. The crab would thereby have cleared all debts including previous zoa damages and future rent.

Can I get a consensus if this is in fact animal cruelty or if it's just business? LOL

lol

394c9684-b3b3-11e7-95c2-e7a557915c7a_1320x770_173751.JPG

Back