Should I add a Protein Skimmer?

Yes i agree with the others no need for a skimmer just keep up your water changes and you should be good
A skimmer will bring evaporation which in turn would need you to top your fresh water off or buy a ato just a indeed expense just keep it simple on a small tank keep your setup just keep up with your water changes

Yes i agree with the others no need for a skimmer just keep up your water changes and you should be good
A skimmer will bring evaporation which in turn would need you to top your fresh water off or buy a ato just a indeed expense just keep it simple on a small tank keep your setup just keep up with your water changes

Will focus more on weekly water changes, should I stick with Carbon and GFO and replace every 3-4 weeks? And use a little Aquavitro Fuel for coral boost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carbon is good for water polishing and needs to be changed more often than gfo (depending on how much you use)
I don't know how heavy your feeding
How heavy is your bio load (how many fish snails etc)
How much carbon
How much gfo

Carbon is usually changed out every month and gfo about a month & half
I never used aquavitro fuel so can't give you my opinion on that

Carbon is good for water polishing and needs to be changed more often than gfo (depending on how much you use)
I don't know how heavy your feeding
How heavy is your bio load (how many fish snails etc)
How much carbon
How much gfo

Carbon is usually changed out every month and gfo about a month & half
I never used aquavitro fuel so can't give you my opinion on that

Ok

I feed coral coral frenzy only finicky corals
in general i don't feed my coral

The variety of coral foods out there is pretty amazing. I prefer reef chili, but I can get coral frenzy locally for much less. I use it as a general coral food, about once weekly, and I have had good results.

In my past tanks I have dosed Aqua Vitro Fuel and Acropower. and once my new tank is established ill do the same.

The variety of coral foods out there is pretty amazing. I prefer reef chili, but I can get coral frenzy locally for much less. I use it as a general coral food, about once weekly, and I have had good results.

In my past tanks I have dosed Aqua Vitro Fuel and Acropower. and once my new tank is established ill do the same.

I like the Aquavitro Fuel it does cause a little algae outbreak so I use it very little dosage. I also feed a soft freeze zooplankton that the corals like.

any thoughts on ESV Salt Mix?

I have heard good things about the esv b-ionic salt

I personally use redsea pro salt

As long as your using a salt that has the nutrients for corals you should be good

Just make sure its the same salinity
And that its the same temperature when you pour it in

Smaller tanks have very little room for error

Yea BRS make very good and informative videos i recommend you watch their YouTube channel try not to add to many things to your tank and don't get sold on all these cool gadgets simple is the most successful route

As long as your using a salt that has the nutrients for corals you should be good

Yea BRS make very good and informative videos i recommend you watch their YouTube channel try not to add to many things to your tank and don't get sold on all these cool gadgets simple is the most successful route

thanks man

God how true that advice is. I have been down the gadget rabbit hole. Huge amounts of money wasted, just for me to put it in the basement and not use it.

I have not heard anything bad about esv salt. I too use red Sea coral pro.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Back