Should I cut up sump for ClariSea ?

Johnic

Premium Member
I've been eyeing the ClariSea 5000 for my 75 Gal mix reef because I'm lazy when it comes to changing out the filter socks.
Have a look at my area of sump that has the three filter socks that I'd need to cut out to fit in the ClariSea.
Is it worth it? I'd have the chop up the nice custom sump which is about 7 years old.

Attachments

• B84B80FF-6F60-4D8F-8BC1-E196CCB30969.jpg
    B84B80FF-6F60-4D8F-8BC1-E196CCB30969.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
Only you can really answer that question.
Will the new roller make your life easier? It should. Are you willing to use something that "might" have problems as some have reported?

Only you can really answer that question.
Will the new roller make your life easier? It should. Are you willing to use something that "might" have problems as some have reported?

I'm not aware of some of the problems, I've heard good things about the Clarisea.

With that style of sump, you might consider the Klir filter as it drops into the filter sock holes.

That looks like a nice sump. I wouldn't cut that up. You could make a new top for the return area and cut in a section in that to mount the roller and reroute you returns. That way you could always return the sump to its original configuration.

Back