Should I do water changes during dark tank cycle

Johnic

Premium Member
So I’m doing my tank reboot by using Marco dry rock and doing a dark tank cycle using Fritz turbo 900 and Dr Tim bacteria while keeping my 3 fish in the tank. I plan on doing a dark period for 6-8 weeks but should I do water changes during this period.

I will note my water changes are automated and it does about 1.2 Gal every other day.

As long as the tank is actually cycled, which it should be using the bacteria boosters, I don’t see an issue. If you were going through a true cycle then I’d say no but if your trying to beat the “uglies,” which I think is what you’re going for, I don’t see an issue as long as your numbers don’t bottom out

As long as the tank is actually cycled, which it should be using the bacteria boosters, I don’t see an issue. If you were going through a true cycle then I’d say no but if your trying to beat the “uglies,” which I think is what you’re going for, I don’t see an issue as long as your numbers don’t bottom out
Got it. Just was wondering if by doing water changes I’m removing the good bacteria before they settle and take over.

Back