Show me how to add a T5 retrofit kit to my LED fixture

br88dy

This is a cross-post from the ReefBreeder's wholesaler section of the forum! The DIY section is probably just the place I need to figure out how to add a T5 retrofit kit to my 24" LED fixture. I need to find a sleek way to add a couple of T5 bulbs to this 24" Reef Breeder Photon V2. Please forgive the blue washout, my phone broke and I had to take pics with an iPad (blues were really low, tank looked super white).

I want to buy an "LET T5 retrofit kit" and mount it to my fixture, but I don't know how to make it nice and sleek ("sleek" - what an awesome word. *cough* Sobriety unconfirmed). The end caps of these LET T5 retrofit kits usually stick out an inch or two from the reflectors, and that just won't do. I'm very handy and have a shop with all sorts of tools to help me out. I just need a creative kick start from other reefers.

Here's an example of a Photon V2 with a retrofit T5 kit that has the ends sticking out. I'm hoping to find a reflector that can hide the bulb and end caps.

I'm also open to buying a couple "LumenBars" (high intensity LED strips sold on the Reef Breeders website) if I KNOW they'll give me the proper spread and coverage to grow acropora and other difficult SPS. Don't be shy about telling me which way you think would be best (just know that I'm leaning towards T5 because it's hard to argue with the results).

Here's my own setup. Needs (2) T5 bulbs that look like they belong on that 24" Photon V2.

Back