Show me Your Fancy STANDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I've ever done any wood working (it shows :)) and I built the stand and canopy with a jigsaw, drill and sander. Got the doors on eBay.

stand1.jpg

stand2.jpg
stand3.jpg

stand4.jpg

stand5.jpg

chachijoe75
Well for building with limited tools that looks pretty darn good. Way better than some I've seen built with a full shop.

Thanks guys, you can even see the jigsaw on the floor on some of the pictures. I also learned that I it is way over built, and putting the studs on the inside instead of parallel with the base limited the space alot.

Now I know for the next one! :)

Here is my first DIY build. I finally get to join the club. I hope this is "fancy" enough. Thanks to everyone that has posted in this thread and sharing ideas. Here it is.
207710P2151263e.JPG

207710P2031208e.JPG

207710P2031210e.JPG

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14343626#post14343626 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Misled
Frankie, looks good, you're gonna love that reflector. My tank as of today.

DEF_6463.jpg~original

Misled,

Your stand on the beginning of this thread is godly.. & your light goes right along with it...

I'm getting ready to begin my purchases for my new SW tank.. I wish it could be as nice as yours..

Keep up the good work man.. I love your clean style..

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your stand. How many gallons tank and what light you have?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14400898#post14400898 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cadams2
Here is my first DIY build. I finally get to join the club. I hope this is "fancy" enough. Thanks to everyone that has posted in this thread and sharing ideas. Here it is.
207710P2151263e.JPG

207710P2031208e.JPG

207710P2031210e.JPG

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14433269#post14433269 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sunsetSPS
I like your stand. How many gallons tank and what light you have?

It is a 75 gallon AGA Reef ready and I am running a retro rit 4 bulb t-5 system with individual reflectors not over driven. It also has a 20 gallon sump ( I think I already want to upgade the sump). Thanks for the comments guys.

for those of you who waterproofed and made the inside of your stands able to hold some water in case there was a flood. what kind of caulk did you use on the joints and what waterresistant primer paint did you use?

Use siliconized laytex caulk. You can't paint silicone caulk as the paint won't stick. I used paint from a boat store for mine.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14443731#post14443731 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Heavy Hittah
for those of you who waterproofed and made the inside of your stands able to hold some water in case there was a flood. what kind of caulk did you use on the joints and what waterresistant primer paint did you use?

I used a plastic material used for bathroom walls, is an 8x4 panel and is fairly inexpensive. I attached it with liquid nails and then sealed the edges with latex caulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back