Show me Your Fancy STANDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im in the process of building my stand now. I stained it black last night. The stain soaked in nicely over night and looks great now. Im adding polyurethane today after work. I will take more pics once I get home today.

You can also click on the little red house for the link to my build thread.
S7300220.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
One coat of Polyurethane so far. Its semi-gloss. Im sure once it dries it will be less shinny. Doors will be here Wednesday.

S7300245.jpg~original

Wow, beautiful tanks folks. Giving me so many ideas to work with.

Just picked up my new 180 today. Lots a work ahead of me.

i was just wondering what was the order in which everyone was adding kilz, caulk/silicone, and polyurethane to the inside of their stands?

and does any one have pictures of these items so i can make sure i pick up the right stuff.

Application order

Application order

I used the Kilz first, some white paint that I had left over, Helmsman spar varnish, and then caulked with GE Silicone I. If you never reuse "spills" in the sump then many of the products don't make that much difference. I stayed away from any mildew control because I wasn't sure what the humidity would pick up.

58 gallon stand

58 gallon stand

Hi everyone I just started my build and here is what have have got done so far

jan09129.jpg~original

jan09113-1.jpg~original

jan09184.jpg~original

jan09182.jpg~original

globalsigns, how did you stain that pine? it looks remarkable. I totally messed mine up. did you use the gel instead?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14522968#post14522968 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drpo21
globalsigns, how did you stain that pine? it looks remarkable. I totally messed mine up. did you use the gel instead?

i would like to know this as well

Almost done. I am still thinking about adding the black walnut you see on the bottom of the stand around the edge of the bottom of the tank.
026-8.jpg~original

All the filtration is behind the tank in the garage. Other then possible fans up top I think it is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back