Show us your sump!

Mine the night before I took my tank down

IMG_0158.jpg

New_skimmer2.jpg

Great stuff guys :)

103_0060.jpg
[/IMG]

This is my 29 gallon sump under my 75. dividers are made from 1/4 inch glass. First chamber is live rock and then flows down a 3x3 cut out in the divider into the skimmer section and then over the bubble trap to the return section. since my tank was already plumbed i just T'd the inlet and plumbed a piece so that i could have the regugium section on the right of the return and I added a ball valve so i can make it a low flow fuge. so water falls from the fuge to the return section.

Sorry no pictures of mine. But mine is DIY. I got a free, i think it was 100 gallon acrylic tank, and cut it in half horizontally basically. I built a frag table to house two 3 x 3 glass tanks. The new 60" x 18" x 12" acrylic tank will be the sump and will be divided into two sumps both measuring 30" x 18" x 12" to seperatly filter each frag tank. Then it is basically the same as everyone else's. protein skimmer, heater, an old canister filter to be used like a reactor, and soon a 5 gal square bucket for a RDSB.

Here's my sump

DSC_0018RESIZED.jpg

DSC_0017RESIZED.jpg

Really simple layout. Marinetech installed me a heater holder, holes for media reactor, holes and fitting for balling dosing pump, proble holder and a hole for all the cords.

Duelling sumps

Duelling sumps

Photo of my 95G Acrylic sump in the stand under the tank:
0705plum2.jpg

night6.jpg

The 100G Rubbermaid (behind the frag tank) contains a 8" DSB in the bottom with 400 pounds of live rock on top. Water empties from the tank overflow through the rear PVC, and then gravity flows back to the return chamber of the (above) acrylic sump.

ffroom2.jpg
`

Basic plumbing of sump #2

070501.jpg

LL

Here is mine. It is in the basement so I have all the room I need. I think I am going to put a bunch of mangroves in it soon, and need to beef up the macro algae in the fuge, but it works well. I have a bucket for the drain to go into, and a bucket for a baffle on the return which determines the water level of the sump. I hadn't seen the buckets before but figured they would work great, and they do!

200gMarinelandJuly122009002.jpg

thanks for all the pics-Im drawing out my sump area and that was very helpful.
Some of those were designed at NASA I think!

Mine was custom built by Kyle at Sapphire Aquatics to fit under a 46g bowfront tank/stand. Holds my urchin pro skimmer and has a small fuge section. Return in the middle.

431039690_8jroJ-O.jpg

438109293_AChkS-O.jpg

648065065_Ht4Am-O.jpg

Back