Sick anemone

marietrg

Have a large anemone I've had in a 200 g tank for about 1.5 years. Over the past week it has looked sick. It is moving around a bit and partly shriveled up. Definitely something is wrong. How do you diagnose a sick anemone? Should I be thinking about adding medication or taking some other action.

Thanks for helping this anemone doctor noob:)

marietrg

Here are the pics of the sick anemone. I put it in a floating isolation basket with a couple clowns hoping the clowns will nurse it back to health. Any idea what is going on should I be adding anti-biotics?

I had an anemone before "disintegrate" on me this one looks structurally intact just sick... Any ideas??

Attachments

• anemonetop.jpg
    anemonetop.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 0
  • anemoneside.jpg
    anemoneside.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 0

marietrg

Here is what it looked like for the past year
attachment.php

reelfishy

reelin and dealin
I never had an LTA but from the pic (first pic in post#5), it looks like the outer edges (not the mouth) are starting to turn pale/white. Was it like this before?

reelfishy

reelin and dealin
From the looks of it, it looks like its starting to melt. One of my RBTA looked like that when it began melting. Back then, I didn't know about nems much and I just left it alone and it got smaller and smaller until literally it looked like a baby aiptasia.. I would move it to a QT/Hospital tank if you want to save it. Antibiotics would be a good start. Take the clowns out.