sick fish, but how?

hdevils

read current tanks for tank mates.

I have been wondering why my chromies have been hiding for a couple days. with all my perams testing ok i couldnt figure it out. someone here thought it may be voltage. so i tested for that saw there was some volts but nothing that would hurt the fish since it was not current running through the tank/fish. a couple days go by and i see my clown is now in a corner and it has white dusting on him. My cardinal is now missing, and i really meen missing for 2 light cycles.

So... the first thing to say is ick. well the last addition to the tank was on 3.4.06 and everything has been fine and i was smiling thinking to myself the tank is done for a while. as you can see thats not the case.

is fungal infections anything like ick. when i had this 6 fish died withen a day. but is the procedure the same meaning let the tank sit empty for 6-8 weeks?

3wks ago my wrasse jumped, last week i found my flame was stuck head first in a rock. beginning to think he didnt die from being stuck.

any ideas of what i can to do. one thing i have to do is find my cardinal, dead or alive i guess. and as far as the disease goes??

please help

:( :(

Last edited:
Could there be something in the tank that you are not detecting with your test kist? (what test kits are you using and what are actual params).

Dave

not sure of the name but the tester is a platic vial with the different types of tests/ number values on the side. the test is in powder form. nitrate 0 nitrite slightly tinted but still under 10, ammonia 0, ph 7.8 which has been since the tank started over 2yrs ago. thats all im really testing.

The dusting does sound like marine ich. Maybe some sort of event caused stress in the fish, allowing the ich to get going. I'd set up a hospital tank and run hyposalinity.

Back