Sick yellow and powder blue

AChicken9

My original post seemed to disappear. So trying to post here to get some feedback.

Hey guys, hoping you guys can help me. I have 2 tangs that for the life of me I can't figure out what is wrong with. One a yellow tang and one a powder blue. Here are the details:

Yellow tang: had him for about a year. Super thin, had lateral line disease due to what I think was stray voltage from a bad skimmer pump. I've stopped that and validated no stray voltage through a volt meter as well as grounding probe and new pumps. Unfortunately his fins appear to be growing back but he is still SUPER skinny. I suspected a secondary infection and/ or some sort of parasites. So then I treated (separately) with Melafix and then PraziPro. I've stepped up the feeding to 2 times a day Formula 2), nori every day fortified with selcon. Despite him eating like crazy his stomach looks really thin.

Powder blue: had her for about 6 months. She isn't "œas" skinny and in fact her stomach looks big. But the rest of her looks thin. You can see her bones.

I have not witnessed either of them pooping in some time.

Tank is mature and has been established for 12 years... 180 gallon with 70 gallon sump. 2 ASM skimmers, temp 78F. All other levels within normal limits.

I have done regular water changes (bi-monthly) lately. The only other fish in the tank is a gladiator clown which looks perfectly healthy.

Pics attached. Any ideas??

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...LBCJmsFwSB9qOQ

Attachments

• 4C1E80E1-DD53-4070-9EB9-654D445E219E.jpg
    4C1E80E1-DD53-4070-9EB9-654D445E219E.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 80462121-B128-4295-944D-9ECC9E09F9C6.jpg
    80462121-B128-4295-944D-9ECC9E09F9C6.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 0
The Yellow might not grow the fins back.
We can only guess @ a treatment but a diet full of algae would be best since that's their feed in the ocean.

Thanks, but I am feeding lots of algae.... nori and formula 2. In the past I’ve also offered live macro algae (charro), but the yellow tang never ate it

Any thing else I should try?

Back