Signs of progress!

Goldndoodle

New tank finished cycling 2/8/15. Shortly after that I moved contents of 28G nanoCube into the bigger tank.

This morning, I've noticed the following progress ...

Coraline algae now visible on cir pumps
Bloody Mary & Gold montipora are both showing signs of growth - the Gold has completely covered the tile it is on
Reverse Superman cyphastrea starting to encrust
Pineapple coral starting to spread off of mount onto the rock
Favite coral is expanding
ZOAS are multiplying - most noticeable Red People Eater frag that had 3 polyps now has 4 polyps, HULKS frag that had maybe 10 polyps has over 20 polyps and has easily doubled in size

LOVING the new bigger tank!

Sounds awesome that build my led sounds like it's doing a excellent job.

The BuildMyLED lights are awesome! They cover the tank completely - side to side, front to back. No helicopter effect.

As of right now, they're only turned up to 65%. I might raise them another 5 - 10% over the next 6 months, but not planning on every hitting 100% with them.

You asked ...

Side 1
IMG_3996_zpsii8vrzp9.jpg

Side 2
IMG_3997_zpsirgtgrjc.jpg

Pineapple & Favite
IMG_3998_zps770asa7w.jpg

Cyphastrea (starting to encrust frag mount)
IMG_3999_zpsmgj5xo7f.jpg

Zoa Rock (tiny little baby polyp of Red People Eaters on right side)
IMG_4001_zpsebmqyecs.jpg

Shroom & Ric Rock
IMG_4002_zps09yqxpob.jpg

Torch
IMG_4003_zps3hzihtqq.jpg

Gold Monti (flesh underneath is gold color, polyps are green)
IMG_4004_zpsxpr9tbfs.jpg

Oooooh +1 for the rockwork. Can tell you planned this carefully/smartly. Sweet lookin' tank for now, betcha can't wait to see it grow.

THANKS!

Lots of swim throughs and caves in the rock work. The Chromis and a couple of pep shrimp call the middle of the center base "home".

I love Zoas - but hate paying a lot of money for big rocks of them. Really hoping those Zoas spread out and cover the rock. I did something similar with a tennis ball sized rock in the nanoCube - you can see that rock in front of the new Zoa rock in the side photos. I used two $5 frags of Eagle Eye (different colored centers) on that rock, and within 9 months they had pretty much spread over that entire rock. The new bigger Zoa rock has some more expensive Zoas on it - the most expensive being a frag of Utter Chaos that I paid $30 for 2 polyps for - and the pink Zoas (not sure if their Victoria Secrets of Pink Panthers) were $25 for that frag. Everything else - including the 3 polyps of Red People Eaters were $10 or less.

I know what you mean with paying more for "bigger" sized colonies of zoas not worth it. Add to that the satisfaction of seeing it grow from a frag makes it more worth it to pass the big rocks of zoa. Hell I love the fact that even the mushrooms get their own corner. Please tell me a huge cerith or a couple of 'em is going to take part on this wonderful tank.

Have you seen the Blue hornets or Green hornets zoa? Fruitloops? Lemon lime? these would all be wonderful to add. Darn it even I'm excited to see the tank grow lol.

Another sign of progress ... I spotted a few pods crawling on the glass this morning. (I might have noticed them sooner if I wore my glasses more often ...)

Back