siilconing middle baffle...question, tips?

Devaji108

so today I starting making my sump :) quick question on siliconing the middle baffle on bubble trap.

i started with the middle one in the bubble trap b/c I thought it would be the hardest to get it right. I lifted it of the bottom 1.5" siliconed it in place.
how long do i wait before I remove what is holding it off the bottom of the tank? I know it should cure in 24hrs

is there any tips, tricks or techniques that I should know?

thanks so much!

ReeferScooter

I would wait like 6-12 hours so that the weight of the glass doesn't pull it down. When i built mine i also rounded the corners with sand paper on pieces that touched the bottom seal.

bellis31

I installed the first baffle and then used cd holders to get the high baffle 1 inch off the bottom and 1 inch from the first baffle, worked great. I waited 24hrs after the first baffle then only a couple of hrs between each of the rest.

IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0301.jpg

Devaji108

that's a great idea using the CD cases to get the gap thats needed. i used a roll of masking tap to raise the baffle 1.5" off the bottom, but was wondering how to get the others lined up.

Comtek

i never put the third baffle i find the trap easier to clean without it and i never get bubbles in my display