Since some of you don't get out much

Toddrtrex

Premium Member
and by "out" I mean to the other forums. ;) Thought I would share some pictures of my "new" cube. It is the one that DragonFish was selling.

Sugartooth was kind enough to drop it off for me.

(( Here is the whole thread, http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1548848&perpage=25&pagenumber=1 ))

Here it is waiting to be set up -- this is the spare bedroom, and not where the tank is going -- it replaced my 29. My sump wouldn't fit in the tank's stand, so I picked up a stand for a 29 to fit it.

Newtank.jpg

Dry fit of the plumbing.

Dry3.jpg

FTS from the other day. The light is left over from my 29, going to get a new light that will fit better, and then sell the old one. Just a matter of getting around to it.

Wet9.jpg

Sump inside the other stand.

Wet6.jpg

Close up from last night,

FTS1_15_9.jpg

Top down,

down.jpg

And a milli that was in my 58,

milli.jpg

Looks great Todd!!! I wish I knew you were in the market for a 30 cube, I've got one that is drilled and has a horizontal overflow that I built sitting in storage! :(

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14172046#post14172046 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NewSchool04
Looks great Todd!!! I wish I knew you were in the market for a 30 cube, I've got one that is drilled and has a horizontal overflow that I built sitting in storage! :(

Thanks, I pretty happy with it so far.

Funny, I really wasn't, but when I saw that he was selling it, it peaked my interests.

And I better get the ideas of a 4th tank out of my head. ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14172108#post14172108 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NewSchool04
I'm sure you're happy with it, it's gorgeous!

Thanks a lot Pat.

And that center open area is waiting for an anemone -- which is being held until it is a bit warmer -- hopefully Wednesday.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14172156#post14172156 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NewSchool04
What's going in there, another hadonni? What color?

yep, another haddoni -- god help me, I am going to have four.

This is the one that is coming,

haddoni.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14172294#post14172294 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NewSchool04
Wow!!! That is impressive. I don't think I've ever seen a hadonni with that coloration. Good luck with him!

Thanks, when I saw it I couldn't pass it up. While I really wanted yesterday, I am glad that they are waiting until Wednesday to ship it -- better to be safe then sorry.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14172619#post14172619 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by snorvich
Tank and aquascaping look great and the carpet looks super.

Thanks a lot Steve, and I was shocked that I did that aquascaping in one take. Though I did have that idea in my head when I first got the tank.

In a related note -- the old 29 had a juvi Potter's angel in it -- was part of a pair, but the larger one didn't make it. I moved the little guy to my 58, which already has a Potter's -- got it a year ago this week --- and oddly enough it was this cold that weekend too. Anyways, I was a bit nervous about how they would get along. I am happy to say that after 6 days they are getting along swimmingly (( get it, they are fish. ;) )). Actually my pink skunk pair have been bigger snots then the existing Potter's.

Here are two pictures of them.

(( the spots that appear to be on the smaller one are on the glass and picture was taken with a flash ))

Potterspair5.jpg

(( streak that appears to be on the larger one is, again, on the glass ))

Potterspair6.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14178112#post14178112 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NewSchool04
how'd you get rid of the mushrooms Todd?

Sold any rocks that had even one of them on it.

Should note, that the 29 didn't have any -- at least this time, it did many many years ago, and Moon likes to make fun of me for that.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14178206#post14178206 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NewSchool04
ahh, I thought you had a secret method of KILLING them! I hate them so much.

The secret is to like them. Then one of these days you would happen to accidentally wipe them;) :lol:

Todd Sweet! I like your idea of using side furniture to hold your skimmer.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14178206#post14178206 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NewSchool04
ahh, I thought you had a secret method of KILLING them! I hate them so much.

If I had a secret method, I would have been selling it and retired. ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14181634#post14181634 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mojo Jojo
The secret is to like them. Then one of these days you would happen to accidentally wipe them;) :lol:

Todd Sweet! I like your idea of using side furniture to hold your skimmer.

Thanks. I had to do that with the sump for my 75, but this one looks a lot better --- since I bought it and didn't make it. ;) And sugs helped with the idea too.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14181973#post14181973 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cas
Todd, I like the rock work. Where did you get the potter's?

Thanks, got lucky with the rock -- first try.

The first Potter's I got a year ago (( this week )) from the Diver's Den section of LA. The smaller one was part of a pair that I got from there too. (( the larger of the pair only lived about a month ))

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14182796#post14182796 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sugartooth
Looks good! Can't wait to see your Haddoni in there.

Thanks Circus Peanut. ;) And you know that you will be the first to hear/see pics of it when it comes.

Time to update.

I was able to sell the old 29, and the old light (( Can see in the first picture that the light is hanging off the sides, bought a 20 inch one, that fits perfectly ))

The Haddoni didn't make it, it was with me for 4 days. The clowns that I got with that shipment are doing great.

Since I had extra money since I sold the stuff I went out shopping on Saturday. I went to a couple different spots, and ended up at Beyond the Reef. Picked up a new SPS and an LTA -- figured that since I already have 3 Haddonis, might as well try something different.

The new stuff first. :)

Top down

SPSdown.jpg

head on,

SPS.jpg

The LTA,

LTA.jpg

Now some "old" stuff.

Here is a milli that I moved from my 58,

Millidown.jpg

And the clowns. (( SI Percs ))

SIPerc7.jpg