Sixline Wrasse Compatibility

ImprezaSTi

I am thinking about keeping a sixline wrasse, but I am not sure of the compatibility of it and the rest of my tank. What inverts and fish will I not be able to keep? How was your experience with them?

They can be pretty aggressive.......I would recommend adding it last. They are very pretty fish, constantly weaving in and out of the rock IME.

has to be kept with equally aggressive fish, or basically fish that won't take crap from it and can kick its butt if need be

I keep mine with a longnose hawk they bump heads sometimes but the sixline always backs off

I have a firefish, three chromis, and a pair of ocellaris. These are not really aggressive fish so I don't know if I should add the sixline. Does it ever bother your inverts?

I have mine in a tank with 2 clams and a mantis shrimp and he leaves everything alone. He's actually friends with the mantis.

Since you are adding the wrasse last you may have better luck than me. I had to remove my 6 live because it was harassing my firefish pair pretty bad. It just wouldn't let up so I had to get it out.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11682275#post11682275 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ImprezaSTi
I have a firefish, three chromis, and a pair of ocellaris. These are not really aggressive fish so I don't know if I should add the sixline. Does it ever bother your inverts?

No I have mine with a fire shrimp and hermit crab and it doesn't touch them. I don't think it would bother the ocellaris or chromis but you may have a problem with the firefish I don't know.

I had a pseudochromis and a goby in the tank. The pseudo was picking on the goby pretty bad.

Now, the six line and the pseudo keep each other in check. The goby is happy as can be since neither of them bother him.

Back