skimmer choice

reefaluva

Currently running a octo nw 150 on my 75. Looking to get something better with a smaller foot print if possible. Want to stay 3-4 hundred. The octo is good but not to impressed with it tbh. Might upgrade to a 125 in the future so would be nice to get something that can be used on that as well but if not no problem. Figure for a 125 I would have to spend over 400 for a nice skimmer. Any opinions welcome. Also in sump and not to interested in a recirc skimmer do not want to plumb it lol. Thank you:thumbsup:

SRO 2000 Int, Vertex Omega 150, Skimz SM161, AquaMaxx EM200, Bubble Magus Curve 5/7, AquaMaxx Cone 2, Reef Dynamics INS 135 to name just a few.

Will get to looking. Have checked out sro and the bubble magus. The others never seen. Thanks) Any one of those better than the other? Or all about the same

reef dynamics skimmer

reef dynamics skimmer

I'm new to salt water aquaria and am myself trying to find a high quality skimmer.

The owner of reef dynamics certainly has some compelling reasons for why his skimmers are the best. Maybe these videos will help you decide.

Has anyone out there had any personal experiences with reef dynamics skimmers?

I've heard really good things about the Aquamaxx EM series. They also have a really small footprint with the pump mounted under the skimmer itself. I know they run Sicce pumps so that's another plus. Definitely think they're worth checking out.

I'm new to salt water aquaria and am myself trying to find a high quality skimmer.

The owner of reef dynamics certainly has some compelling reasons for why his skimmers are the best. Maybe these videos will help you decide.

Has anyone out there had any personal experiences with reef dynamics skimmers?

Seems reef dynamics is the new euro reef. Best customer service I have ever received for a skimmer was from euro reef back in the day. Did not read to much into it but if the president and support are the same reef dynamics would be a good choice. But all of these skimmers mentioned all seem to be awesome.:dance:

Hello. I'll be running the Reef Octopus NW-150 on my 75g. Just wondering what is the issue with it? Thanks.

Will get to looking. Have checked out sro and the bubble magus. The others never seen. Thanks) Any one of those better than the other? Or all about the same

I am going from external bodied skimmer pump to internal bodied pump. Just my personal preference. ALL skimmers have their quirks. None are truly plug and play due to higher performance pumps. It takes more attention to detail in setting them up, or they overflow. Here is what I like and why -

Small footprint, internal pump -
AquaMaxx EM200 - design change to modified Sicce Syncra pump, great reviews, great price
Skimz SM161 - great reviews, looking forward to see how DC pump performs
Bubble Magus Curve 5/7 - great reviews/videos, great price

External pump -
SRO 2000 Int - Great Pump, great warranty, hopefully all bugs are ironed out where not needed
Vertex Omega 150 - great reviews, modified Sicce Pump
AquaMaxx Cone 2 - Basically a rebranded JNS, great reviews, Sicce Pump
Reef Dynamics INS 135 - Reef Dynamics define performance standard

These are MY personal choices for MY personal reasons. Yours, or others may or may not agree. That is why YOU need to make that choice based upon what is important to you. I can't stress this strong enough. I hope this helps you in making your decision.

Back