Skimmer for 20 Long with 10 Sump

charlesgage

I am getting my tank back going again, just put my first order in from you guys on friday. My current precision marine CV426 is way huge for my tank. 26" Tall. Which makes it a bear to work on. I want something smaller.

I have a 9X11 skimmer area from my 10 gallon sump, the water depth is 8.5" Max height is 26.5"

Skimmers i like and my comments, i would really appreciate some input on which to buy.

CSS 65 - Looks like a nice footprint and it's cheap (maybe too sheap), but it does looks like it takes some adjustment, etc. And is the height really 26 inches? other websites say less.

Euroreef RS-80 - Shorter on height which i like, but how much clearance do you need to empty the cup? Seems like the best choice.

AquaC EV120 - Seems pretty expensive considering they are renowned to be difficult to adjust.

Euroreef RC-80 - Why is this so mcuh more expensive than the the RS? I can't see the extra materials or workmanship.

So i am leaning toward the RS-80, are there other choices i have missed? Or is that your reccomendation?

Between the ones you have narrowed it down to I think the RS80 would be the best fit in not only the size, but as far as efficiency and price as well.

The CSS65 wouldn't be comparable in this category you have associated it with in my opinion.

The EV120 is an awesome skimmer, and does an excellent job once it's dialed in, but you do have to tinker with it a little bit.

The RC80 is about 5% - 10% more efficient than the RS80, but it's not worth the extra cost in my opinion unless you really didn't have the room for an in sump skimmer.

Other options to look at are the ASM G series skimmers and the Ocotopus skimmers, however I still think the RS80 fairs just as well, if not better, than larger models of these last two mentioned brands.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Awesome, thanks! Now i just have to wait for the tax man :) Anyday now.

Oh one more thing, your reccomendation, should i use the promo or the normal one?

The promo should be just fine. There were originally some complaints of noise on t hem, however it seems those issues have been worked through and everything is fine now.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Back