Skimmer Going Nuts

fatty23

HEY GUYS
i jus set up a 70 gallon in my office and my euro reef copy skimmer started going crazy after i installed a filter sock. i rasise and lowered the sponge and nothing works the cup fills up in 2 minutes how do i stop this
thanks
john
ps i took out the filter sock and it still foaming over

The output pipe for euroreef skimmmers can be raise or lowered to control water level in the skimmer. You might need to install a gate valve to control the water level in the skimmer.

the riser tube should telescope up and down so that you can control the height of the bubbles in the skimmer.

Also, when adding a fresh filter sock, it's normal for the skimmer to go nuts. Best thing to do is make sure you rinse the sock well with tap or RO water then ring it out before you add it to the sump. Leaving the skimmer off for 20-30 mins would probably be a good idea too.

oh i see i guess it was all the way down so i thought it was 1 piece so if i lower the tube means less bubbles ? when i rasied it it the water flowed even more so i took out one of the tubes and it slowed down a bit hope tha will work
thankjs
john

lowering the tube will lower the water level in the reaction chamber (drier skimmate). raising it will raise the level in the reaction chamber (wet skimmate).

Back