Skimmer help please!

reefnut2790

I am done with this PoS Berlin pro skimmer. I am looking to upgrade. I have been wracking my brain for almost a month trying to decide on one. I am looking in the 300$ range. It will be for a 120 gallon tank. It has a high - med bio load. Something with a small footprint would be nice. Can be a in sump or out of sump setup. I can rearange some plumming to fit either. Height is not a issue as my stand was built 36" tall but I can not fit much more than a 11"x11" footprint if it is a in sump model. Perfer first hand accounts but open to all thoughts. thanks in advance.

DAS EX-1. I do not have personal experience with it, but I have done a lot of research on skimmers lately. It is one of the best skimmers around for that price range. It is an external skimmer.

ty for the reply Foothill. I pulled the DAS EX-1 up on the web. It looks like its a recerculating type.
Anyone know what type of flow comming from my return I would need?
Does the flow from the return matter?

its running from a T2 into a SCWD then returns from 2 3/4" pipes.
Would I need to t the 2 returns into one?
Would that create to much back pressure in my returns?

new to the rec world of skimmers lol

You could either "T" off one of your returns or feed it with a small pump like a Maxjet 900 or 1200. You should have aprox. 1 to 1.5 times your system volume flowing through the skimmer.

Back