skimmer issue. not foaming to collection cup

hrairguitar

skimmer issue. not foaming

I have 375 gallon tank. My current skimmer is too small and ill be getting a new one soon. I think its an octopus with a sedra 5000 pump. Its not foaming all the way up to the collection cup. It staysa few inches from the top.

My set up has water dumping to a 75 gallon tank of live rock then trickling into a 2 chamber sump filled with bioballs. On theotherchamber iswheremy skimmeris and its right next to the return pipe flowing back up into the tank.

I have 3 fish...small dogface,a big valentini (samesizeasdogface)and a smallniger trigger. The valentini and trigger were just added and the dogface has only been in there a couple weeks. Tank cycled for 45 days or so before first fish was added

Id think the skimmer would be working overtime and producing lotsof foam considering its too smal.

Is the placement of the skimmer right? its in about 10 inches of water. Am I worrying about nothing? The tank and fish look healthy

Not much to skim there yet is there? IF you think you got your skimmer set right, just observe and tweak if need be.

Maybe that's it. My tank is a little over 2 months old with fish only being in there for 2 1/2 weeks. I don't feed it a lot since the fish have been in there because my skimmer seems too small so I don't want to over do it. I'd just think that having a puffer that it'd produce a lot of waste which in return would have my skimmer working hard.

Back